Sleepover

Camila took a deep breath before knocking on the front door of her best friend's house. She didn't know why she'd been so nervous; she'd slept over countless times before. Nothing made this time different. It was exactly the same as any other time she'd spent the night.

The door opened to reveal the beautiful green-eyed girl who Camila had, unfortunately, developed feelings for. "Camz, hey! Come on in, I'm making popcorn right now!" Lauren said enthusiastically, pulling Camila into the house.

The scent of popcorn immediately filled Camila's nose and as they walked into the living room, she saw a large stack of DVDs on the coffee table.

"Make yourself at home. My parents took Chris and Taylor out for the day so we've got the entire place to ourselves," Lauren grinned and walked into the kitchen.

Camila returned the smile and made her way to her favorite spot on the worn-out, but still extremely comfortable brown leather couch.

A moment later, Lauren returned with a bowl nearly overflowing with freshly popped popcorn. Setting it on the table, Lauren turned to Camila and said, "You wanna pick the first movie?"

"Sure. Let's see what you've got..." Camila picked up half of the stack of movies and looked at each one. Titanic... The Conjuring... The Book of Life... Grownups... Divergent... "Ooh! How about this?" Camila held up the case for 13 Going on 30.

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "You in a rom-com mood tonight?"

"That I am," Camila giggled.

"Alright. 13 Going on 30 it is then." Lauren grabbed the DVD case and made her way over to the DVD player that sat just below the TV. She popped in the disc and immediately ran back to the couch, literally jumping into her usual spot.

Camila smiled. 'How can one be so adorable without even trying?' She asked herself.

"Camz, can you get the lights?" Lauren asked, and Camila sighed.

"But then I'll have to get up and I'm comfortable."

"Ugh.... fine. I'll get it," Lauren grumbled as she stood up once more to go shut off the living room lights.

"So... Lo, how was your date with Lucy?" Camila asked as the first preview began. She hated talking about Lauren's love life. But she felt the need to ask.

Lauren shrugged. "It was... alright."

Camila raised an eyebrow. "I know that tone. Tell me, what happened?"

Lauren rolled her eyes and sighed. "Well.... turns out she's off the market. Found out she already had a girlfriend."

Camila gasped. 'I would only be committed to you, Lauren. If only you felt the same way,' Camila thought. "Well, it could've been worse. She could've been a serial killer."

Lauren chuckled. "I wouldn't be surprised, to be completely honest. I have the strangest taste in romantic partners."

"I see. Too bad none of them is me," Camila mumbled the last part.

"What was that, Camz?" Lauren asked, staring deeply into the brunette's eyes.

"Ah, nothing, Lo."

"Mkay then."

The two then turned towards the screen and watched the previews they've seen together already hundreds of times.
---
Lauren yawned, suddenly feeling tired as soon as the credits started rolling.

"Camz? It's time to-" she stopped speaking the moment she realized the smaller girl was already fast asleep, her arms wrapped around her waist and her head resting just below Lauren's jaw.