Empty

Camila stared at the ceiling, watching the fan flow around and around. She could barely hear her own breathing over the thoughts that were running through her head. She closed her eyes, trying to clear her mind. It didn't work though, because the words they'd shouted back and forth at one another were still so loud and clear.

At that moment, her phone went off, signaling that she'd recieved a text. Camila took a deep breath and reached to grab her phone off the desk beside her bed. It was from Lauren.

Laur: Wyd

Camila stared at the phone screen, tears forming in her eyes. "Trying not to cry because of you," she mumbled to herself. Camila typed a response and sent it.

Me: Nothing. Wbu

Camila got a text back almost instantly.

Laur: Same.

Me: Cool.

The brown-eyed brunette set her phone back down and then rolled onto her side to face the wall. An image of Lauren suddenly appeared in her mind and tears began streaming down her face.

It wasn't always like this. She used to feel nothing but pure joy at the thought of her. The thought of her getting a sweet, gentle kiss from the love of her life made Camila's heart swell with happiness. Seeing her across the room in class would make her stomach erupt with not butterflies, but with the entire zoo.

Now, all any of that did was intensify the emptiness she felt without the one person she loved more than anything.

Camila was angry. She was so angry with not only Lauren, but with herself as well. She let herself open up to the older girl in a way she vowed she'd never do. Growing up watching the way all of her mother's relationships turned out, she never wanted to go down that road. She would much rather be alone than suffer the pain her mother suffered.

She would much rather have been alone from the start than suffer the way she's suffering now. She was so angry, that she didn't know what to do.

Laur: How are you?

She didn't feel like talking to her.  It hurt her too much and she was angry. She'd rather talk when she was not angry, so she decided to say good night.

Me: tired. Im going to bed.

Laur: Oh... ok. Good night.

Me: Night.

Camila put her phone back down and curled up into a ball. She just wanted to disappear. The younger girl took a deep breath, but then froze. Her scent.

Something was giving off Lauren's scent. Camila sprung out of bed, desparate to find what it was so she could throw it into the closet and stop the ache that was in her heart.

She found two sweaters Lauren gave her, and she immediately grabbed them, threw open the closet door, and put them away. Camila then jumped back into her bed, feeling sadder than she did before.

"God, I fucking hate this," she mumbled to herself, her voice cracking slightly.

She rolled over again to face the wall, curled up into a ball again, and shut her eyes. The last of her hope had officially been replaced by pure emptiness. After 15 minutes, she was finally able to fall asleep.

---

A/n- Oof idk what that was but I wrote it sooo 🙃