One Song

Camila sighed, throwing her backpack to the floor. It had been a long and stressful day, and she had wanted nothing more than to relax. She was so thankful to be able to do that, since she got to go to her best friend's house after school. Nothing made her feel better the way spending time with Lauren did.

Lauren raised an eyebrow. "You okay, Camz?"

Camila looked up at the older girl and smiled half-heartedly. "I am exhausted." 

Lauren nodded, setting down her own backpack, and taking a seat on the couch. "You know, you really should start doing homework," Lauren said. "Don't you have a C- in math right now?"

The brunette groaned. "We just got here, Lauren. Can I please have some time to relax?"

"Whatever, Camz. Don't you come crying to me when you fail and the teacher doesn't let you make up your grade." Lauren muttered, sighing. She never understood how Camila could be so careless about her grades. It was as if she didn't want to graduate. 

"I'm bored. Let's watch some Netflix," Camila suggested, and Lauren shook her head. "What? Why not?"

"Homework, Camila."

"Homework, Camila," the younger girl mocked, and stuck her tongue out. "You do your homework."

Lauren rolled her eyes. "I don't have any, because unlike someone, I do my classwork when I'm supposed to, so it doesn't become homework."

"Fuck you."

"You wish."

Camila huffed and sat down beside her best friend. "How about this... I'll do my homework. But you have to play the piano for me first. One song."

Lauren's eyes widened in surprise. "Why? I haven't even played anything in months. I don't think I even remember any of the songs I'd learned."

Camila stuck her bottom lip out and batted her eyes. "Please?" Lauren didn't budge. "Come on, Lolo. One song. I'm sure you still know at least one. Please? Please? Please? Please? Please? Pl-"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, you butthole. I'll play for you. Just one song though," Lauren caved in, standing up. "But after this, you better do your homework."

Camila grinned and nodded. "I will!"

Lauren licked her lips, feeling slightly nervous. She never did like playing in front of anyone. Camila was really the only one she ever felt comfortable playing for, but even then, it was still nerve-wracking. 

Taking a deep breath, Lauren walked over to the piano that sat in the corner of the room. It had been so long, that Lauren nearly forgot how to just sit in front of it. Suddenly, Camila appeared next to her, smiling excitedly. 

"Christ, Camz... You're going to be the death of me," Lauren mumbled as she let her fingers brush gently against the piano keys. 

Camila didn't answer, just watched her best friend. She loved it every single time Lauren played for her. Sure, it had only been four times, but Camila could never get sick of it. 

She'd be lying if she said she didn't have feeling for the green-eyed beauty beside her. She did have feelings for her. Camila wasn't exactly sure what these feelings were though. Whenever Lauren smiled, she wanted to make her smile again. When Lauren laughed, she felt her heart flutter. Lauren's voice stirred up feelings in her stomach that she had no way of describing. Camila loved the way Lauren's eyes looked, so bright and full of life. Lauren always commented on how she hated the fact that her lips were always so dry and chapped. Camila didn't care though, because chapped or not, she found herself wanting to kiss them senseless. She could write not one book, but an entire series about every little thing she love about the older girl. Was she in love? She had no idea. All Camila knew was that she had feelings for her best friend and she had no clue how to handle them. 

"Camila?"

Camila blinked a few times, confused. She realized she was staring, and immediately turned bright red. "Sorry, what?"

Lauren giggled. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, Lolo. Can you play a song now?"

"Fine," Lauren said. Taking one more deep breath, trying to calm her nerves, she began playing the first song that she could remember. 

After four minutes, Camila was stunned, completely amazed. Lauren had played flawlessly, and her heart was pounding harder than a sledgehammer. Camila stared in awe at the green-eyed girl. "T-That was..." She trailed off, speechless. 

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in concern, and reached a hand up to Camila's cheek. She wiped the tears that were streaming down her face, and Camila felt her stomach do somersaults. She didn't even realize she was crying.

"Are you okay, Camz?" Lauren whispered gently. 

"I am. That was fucking amazing, Lauren. Really. Oh my God."

Lauren grinned. "I tried my best to not mess up. It was really difficult." 

"Well that was flawless. You, Lauren Michelle Jauregui, are fucking spectacular," Camila squealed, throwing her arms around Lauren's neck and pulling the older girl in for a hug. Lauren smiled, wrapping her own arms around her best friend's waist. 

"As are you, Karla Camila Cabello." She planted a quick and gentle kiss to the shorter girl's forehead. "You got your one song. Now go do your homework, Camz," She commanded. 

Camila rolled her eyes. "Fine." After that, there was no way she would protest. She stood up and walked back towards her backpack to pull out her folder and a pencil, and then she got started on her math homework.

---

A/N- lol idk where the idea of this came from but I got bored and decided to write a kinda quick one also I am progressively getting worse at giving these titles yikes