Chapter 8

So seems like a lot of you guys spent Valentines like me. Alone with a tub of ice cream.

Warning:

Friendly cussing (if that even exists but it does cuz I always do it so...)

~.~.~.~.~

Zayn's POV:

We were in the car when it finally hit me.

I hadn't called!

Justin probably thought I was one of the rudest people he had ever met.

Well actually, he was being a little too confident for my liking, but I couldn't help but find that funny. That still didn't justify my bad manners though. I should've called or at least texted. The worst part was that I couldn't do it now because the note that he'd given me was still in my room and I hadn't exactly added his number to my contacts, you know, the contacts in my phone that are just filled with people. Okay, okay so maybe not.

So what? I don't have as many contacts as my brother, Liam. But what does that matter?

Right? I mean hopefully I get more throughout the year and I'll have more than just my mom and Liam.

One can only hope right?

As Liam and I entered school he pulled me with him instead of leaving me behind like last time.

"My friends really like you so they asked me to bring you along." Liam stated.

I blushed. "T-they do? I mean of course they do. Wait, they do?!"

"Yes. They do Z, I don't know why you're so surprised, I mean you're so likable." Liam confessed.

"Really?" I asked and I couldn't keep the blush that took over my face after his statement.

"Yes Zayn. Sheesh are you secretly trying to rub it in or something?" Liam asked with a teasing smile.

"What? N-no I... I just can't get past the fact that somebody actually wants to get to know me better and be my friend." I said extremely surprised. Why would someone want to be friends with me, of all people? He suddenly grabbed me by my shoulders and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Listen to me and listen to me closely. Zayn you should really have more self confidence. I mean your very talented, have a great personality, and okay I must admit very good looking, well that's explainable considering you are my brother. You had to get something from me." Liam finished with yet another teasing smile on his face.

"Gee thanks." I stated in a playful manner. My heart felt warm though because he had already told me something similar the first day of school, and him repeating it meant he really believed it.

"But seriously Z, you're special and if somebody can't see it then they must be blind."

"Thanks." I said this time with a genuine smile. And for once I didn't blush.

Liam seemed satisfied with my answer and so we kept walking.

Once we got to his friends, we sat down at the bench they were all located in.

"Hey Zayn!"

"Zayn!"

"Zayn, you made it!"

Louis, Danielle, and Niall all seemed quite excited to see me.

Liam coughed awkwardly but it seemed like I was the only one that noticed.

"Hey! How about me?! Don't I get a greeting or something?" Liam said with a small frown.