Risk

Tiana: 15

Jason: 14

It was a stormy night in Gotham and it has been hours since the Bat-clan finish their nightly patrol. Tiana was asleep soundly in her room. Wearing her midnight black nightgown to sleep. A lightning flashed and she open her eyes. Tiana was always aware of her soroundings. Well, maybe too aware.

She sighed, since she was young, she can hear the most little noises sounds. It makes her have trouble to sleep. She has no idea whether it is because it was the way she was raised or maybe because she was trained like that.

She went back under the covers of her bed to sleep. Her back faced the door while she faced the big window that was on her left. She watched as the raindrops rain from her window. But then she heard the door to her room open. She smiled to herself.

Footsteps echoed in her room and they stopped when they reached the edge of her bed. She turned her head slightly and said, "Can't sleep?" Her voice was amused as always.

"Yeah" the figure said, She turn around to see Jason, in his red T-shirt and a pair of shorts. It was nights like this that troubled Jason. It brought him back memories about his past. Tia knew this all to well.

Tiana sat up and gestured Jason to lay beside her. He yawned and scratch the back of his neck and went in under the covers with Tia. They lay down just like that, the two siblings was never annoyed with the other's company. In fact, they enjoyed it.

Tiana had her eyes closed while she lay in the same position as before. But Jason had his eyes wide open and he cant help but stare at Tia. Over the years since his dad took him in, he had always been like it. Every stormy night, he would be waking up from his bed and going over Tia's and sleep with her.

"Tia?" he asked, to see whether his sister was asleep or not. Tiana hummed in return. Jason wanted to get something out of him, but he struggled.

Should I tell her, or not? He was debating to whether tell his sister or not.

"I..." He begun. Tia's head turn a little.

"love... you. Thanks for always being there..." He choked out. Tiana fully turn to her brother. She sat up, and Jason did too. He look down while shifting his weight to his left arm.

"After all the years, thanks for being there for me. For teaching the right instead of the wrong. For helping me through all the hardships and..." he broke into tears.

Tia let a confuse look displayed on her face. " I never showed you that I was grateful, to have you. Instead I make you upset the whole time, I made you shed tears, fought with you, ignored all those advice that you gave, you kept secrets of what I did wrong, and you never told dad just because you didn't want me to get in trouble. And now you took a stab for me just because you didn't want me to get hurt." More tears trailed down his cheek. Tia did nothing but watched and listened.

Jason's hand went to wipe his tears but they kept coming. "Please just stop Tia, please. Stop doing all these shitty stuff. You didn't have to protect me. I could've taken it. Please, I just don't want even a single drop of blood to be drawn from you. I can't stand it when I see you hurt. You could have not survive the stab and I dont want you dead. And if you were dead, it would all be because of me. Please..." He looked down unable to control his tears anymore.

But then, he felt two warm hands land themselves on his cheek. Tia cupped his face. Her thumb moving to wipe away the tears that flow from his eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed. She smiled to him. His tears begin decrees.

Without hesitation, jason hugged his elder sister. It was time like this he felt as if he had become a kid again. Tia's hand rubbed behind his back in circles. He cried into her chest. They stayed like that for a long time.

Tia finally spoke, "Every sister would always protect their siblings Jay. It's in our nature. No matter how much you want me to stop, I can't. There's always a rule inside me, which is protecting you, Tim, Damian, including Dick sometimes." She said and she soothe Jason with her sweet words.

Until finally, Jason fell asleep. Tia made sure he's in perfect condition and she kissed his forehead."I'll always protect you, my little fratellino." Tia whispered in his ear and she went back into place, and went back to a dreamless sleep