Nightwing's Interlude

A/N Hello guess what? It's another update!!!! I hope you guys would enjoy this.

Requested by PaonBleu2505

Just so you know this takes place in Young Justice show during season 2 episode 7 Depths. (You'll understand a bit when you read it all)

The time finally came for the team to depart on their mission. Only the main was involved and while the other's stayed back. And as the main team were handling their mission, Black Bat was tasked to look after mount justice and train the rookies.

She had stayed at the mountain for 3 days for now, filing the reports and updating the systems. But suddenly a thought just came to her. The day on Dick's departure for the mission.

Flashback
The team got ready and Nightwing was briefing them about their mission while Black Bat stood at a corner listening to whatever her elder brother said.

Her eyes then landed on her dear friend, Artemis.

She hadn't seen Artemis for a long while now that she said she was going to retirement with Wally.

Although Artemis and Wally hated each other at first, even back then Tia had knew that the two would be together.

A smirk appeared on her face as she recalled how Artemis was flustered when she talked about how Wally and her was back then.

As the briefing ended, Nightwing walked up to his sister. "You got a lil something there Jewel." He pinch his sister's cheek only to earn a strong slap.

It didn't hurt of course but it was strong to push his hand away.

"Are you sure what you're doing?" She asked.

Worry etched her face. Nightwing looked at his sister, his expression soften.

"If stopping Kaldur is what we had to do then yes." He placed his hand on her shoulder. Tia avoided looking at his face.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

Tia bit her lip, she pushed away Dick's hand softly and walked a few steps away. Her head turned a little bit and she said, "Nothing."

After an hour, the team was ready to depart. Tia went to the hangar to say her goodbye. She walk closer and closer and she saw her brother's back facing her.

He turned around as he headed her footsteps. And as he fully turned, he was surprised to be hugged but he returned the gesture anyway. "Stay safe."

She whispered.

Dick raked her hair and kissed her on the head.
"I will."

They let go of each other and before the door to the ship closed, "When I get back I want a full explanation what had gotten into you."

He shouted with that annoying smirk of his. Tiana crossed her arms and smiled back.

Flashback end

She spun around in her chair with her laptop on.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Tim asked from across the room. He had been here with her for a while, helping with the reports.

She smiled and looked at him. "It's nothing. Just a random thought."

She switched her gaze to the other sleeping bird on the couch. Damian had also stayed to help, but he had overworked himself and had fallen asleep.

Tim raised an eyebrow at her but shook it off. They continued their work in silence, until,

"Hey Tia, there's an email coming in your inbox" Tim said while he looked at the screen of his tablet.

"It must be one of Dick's show off reports on how successful his mission was. I'll read it later." Tiana said as she continues her pile of work.

Tim opened her inbox out of curiosity to know how it went. He inspected the few details that appeared before opening the report.

"It's not from Dick." Tim opened it, and he read it in silence.

Dread started to take over Tiana, she stopped typing, and her head turned a little. "Can you read it for me?"

Tiana took of her mask and set it down as she closed the amount of tabs on her computer screen.

"Dear Black Bat,
On Tuesday the 27th, the Young Justice team had stopped the attack from  manta's troop. However, Nightwing was killed in a fight against their troops and Kaldur'ahm at Cape Canaveral. He is buried here until his family can send for his remains. And as you know, Nightwing was engaged to lead the Young Justice team in this mission. The surviving members are now headed back towards your location." Tim put down the tablet that he held. He stood up to approach Tia, but stopped a few feet away.

Tiana stared at her laptop, where her background image held a family picture.

Jason was gone. Bruce wasn't here. Now.... Dick?

She stood up from her chair and Tim took a step back.

Tia walk to the couch where Damian slept. She brushed his head gently.

"One day, there's going to be more people like us. We just need to find them, and lead them, until they can fly on their own."

Dick's voice echoed in her head.

A stray tear made it's way down her cheek.

"Tia... Are you ok?" Tim asked.

She stood up, grabbed her mask, and walk towards the door and stoped before going out.

"I have so much work to do."

A/N liked it? Comment and vote! So if you happened to watch the episode "Depth" actually Artemis was the one who died, so for the request, I had switched their role a little. Vote? No? Yes?

Btw, I have a question. How did you guys discovered my story? Care to share?