Chapter 5 Turning Tides

Alfred prepared his troops and sent them to Africa to help Gupta and Sey. He wanted to meet up with Matthew and Arthur, but In had called him. He was worried about Viet.

"Where are you going?" Sophia asked as she prepared to head back to England

"I have to head to Asia quickly. Someone I care about might be in trouble" he answered her and departed for China.

Sophia and Ryker headed for England. Sophia was excited! She was finally going to see her younger brother again. Once they arrived at England with the troops, they needed to find Arthur.

"So where do we go?" Ryker asked as he looked around the broken city.

"This way" Sophia answered as they ran to the palace.

They were at the gates and Sophia shook the gates.

"Arthur! It's me! I brought Alfred's help!" she shouted.

Three boys stepped out of the palace and ran to her. She was crying as she ran to her younger brother. Al was so happy to find Sophia again and hugged her tight.

"You're alive. Thank you!" Sophia cried happily to him.

"Yes! And so are you!! I'm so happy!" Al exclaimed.

Ryker just smiled. Arthur and Matthew smiled at the site, but Arthur became serious when saw American troops in England.

"Alright, so where is Alfred?" Arthur asked.

"He went to China" Sophia answered nervously.

"But why would he go there?" Arthur asked confused.

Matthew's eyes widen when he understood why his twin would go there.

"Uh Arthur?" Matthew stated nervously.

"What is it Matthew?" Arthur asked as he looked at him.

"Uh well since Alfred never told you, he has a crush on one of Wang's sisters" Matthew answered slowly.

Arthur's eyes widen. He looked at Matthew.

"Who is it?" he asked first.

"Uh I think her name is Viet. Papa conquered her country, but whenever Alfred had to see Papa, she would be there. They became close, but Alfred was afraid of how you and Papa would react, so he only told me" Matthew explained.

Arthur was furious with Alfred. However, he needed to get at least get South Italy out of the war.

"We will worry about Alfred later, but right now, we need to take out South Italy" Arthur stated calmly.

"Alright" Sophia replied.

"Uh Sophia, you can't come. War is dangerous. You could die" Arthur retorted at her.

She pouted, but she had an idea. As Arthur and Matthew boarded a ship, Sophia, Al, and Ryker sneaked on the boat.

"Uh big sister?" Al asked nervously.

"What is it?" she asked him curiously.

"Who is this man with us?" he asked as he pointed to Ryker.

"Oh! He's my friend! His name his Ryker!" Sophia stated.

"Ok!" he hugged Ryker "Thank you for taking care of my big sister!"

He just patted his back and smiled. They were sailing to Africa and preparing themselves for a fight.

-In China-