Chapter 13 Time to Say Good Bye

The Dreamers found Perahta sitting on a cart as the Japanese soldiers loaded the boats with crates of weapons.

"So, what's the plan, Scef?" Sophia asked as she looked at the scene.

"We need to get the dagger away from her somehow. Once we get the dagger, Jae-Hwa can enchant the dagger" Scef answered.

Jarlath held his whip and then stood up. He cracked his whip and Perahta turned her attention towards him.

"Oh? Did you come to challenge me?" Perahta asked with a sweet smile as she held her gem and dagger.

"Maybe, but maybe not" he replied and whipped her hands!

He caught her hand that held her gem!

"Lucio! Grab the gem!" Jarlath shouted urgently as he held Perahta back.

Perahta was growling at him and then glared when Lucio held his crystal and ran towards the gem on the ground. Perahta cut the whip holding her hand using her dagger and then ran towards her gem. Jarlath was blown away and crashed into some crates!

"Ow..." Jarlath whimpered as he crashed into the crates.

"Jarlath!" shouted a panicked Saorise as she ran towards him.

Jacqui and Malene ran towards Perahta to cover Saorise. Lucio was close to grab the gem, but Perahta snatched it before he could grab it! She then clutched her gem and then it transformed into a lance! She knocked Lucio off of his feet and ran towards Saorise. She stopped when she saw Malene and Jacqui in her path.

"Back away. Or else" she threatened as she held her dagger and lance.

Jacqui held his sword while Malene nervously held her daggers.

"Malene, you wouldn't dare to hurt your friend, would you?" Perahta asked sincerely.

Malene was conflicted. She still saw Perahta as her friend. Jacqui stood in front of Malene.

"Then she won't fight you, I will fight you" Jacqui said as he held his sword.

"Alright then! Let's play with my wrath!" Perahta shouted with a hint of insanity in her voice.

Jacqui created an ice path and glided over to her. He held was ready to knock her off her feet, but she blocked his attack! Jacqui then felt his sword on fire and parried her block and then tried to stab her side. She twirled away and then their swords clashed. Malene wasn't sure what to do. She felt torn between two sides. Saorise pushed some of the timber away from Jarlath. He had a few cuts, but nothing major.

"Are you ok?" Saorise asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'll live. Are you ok?" Jarlath asked her with concern in his voice.

"Yes, but you're in terrible shape!" Saorise shouted with worry.

"Just help them. I'm out for the count I think" Jarlath answered her with a smirk as he held his cut on his side.

Saorise nodded as she held her rapier, but before she left, she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek. Jarlath blushed as Saorise ran to Jacqui's aid. Jarlath smirked as he thought I knew you would fall for me! Saorise then gave a hard strike on Perahta's side and she knocked back!

"Thanks" Jacqui said as he panted a bit.

"No problem" she replied as she readied her rapier, "She's coming at us"

Perahta held her dagger and the lance close to her and waited for a moment. Concetto and his dragon flew to where Lucio was and Concetto helped his friend onto his dragon.