Chapter 1: Welcome to New York

Maya life hadn't been the best. She had lived in philly with her parents until she got married 5 years ago. When Maya took those vows she took them seriously. She thought she was going to be with Danny for the rest of her life. But as she was to find out not everything in life works out the way you want it to. Maya decided to move to New York with her six month old daughter Charlotte.

Moving to New York was a big thing. Her family weren't behind her since her marriage had ended almost a year and a half before. No one was aware of where she was moving to except for her best friend Amelia. Amelia was the one person Maya could always rely on. She had allowed Maya to live with her since that awful day.

When arriving in New York she had already had an apartment set up for her there. While walking down the street she found a help wanted sign outside the front of a cafe called Topanga's. Going in holding Charlotte in her hands Maya approached the counter where a girl her age was wiping down the top. After asking for an application the girl grabbed another woman and Maya got an interview.

Maya had explained to the lady ( Topanga she soon found out) her situation. Topanga had a best friend that found herself in that situation when she was Maya's age so she didn't hesitate to hire her. Maya had found a young woman who was going through college that needed some extra cash to get her through to look after Charlotte while she was working. The work was nothing to hard. Waiting on the tables and cleaning the cafe.

Maya's first day came along quick and Charlotte went off with her babysitter with no problems. Maya found herself working with Riley. She introduced herself as Topanga's daughter. This was the first time she had a job since she was nineteen. Her husband wanted her to be a stay at home wife. He felt like it wasn't her place to work. Maya on the other hand hated it. She glad that she had found a job and a place to try to be herself again.

Maya had always been a fun loving girl who had heaps of friends. She pushed them away a few years ago. If Danny didn't like them he wouldn't allow her to be around them. He was a control freak, he needed to know where Maya was at all times.

This fresh start was just what Maya wanted. It's what she needed for herself and Charlotte. She needed to heal.

A/N: small quick chapter as an introduction. It will speed up after this chapter. This was all things I felt needed to be put in. I will be posting more chapters soon. I'm very busy this week so hopefully I can get a chapter out in that time. Hope you enjoy!