Chapter 22

Maya had been restless the last few days. She was nervous. Rob had been in contact finally wanting to meet for dinner. Maya had spoken to Josh saying she felt most comfortable having this meeting at home. He could not have encouraged her anymore. He wanted nothing more than for Maya to have part of her family back. To break the ice a bit with the Charlotte situation and Josh also being there maya had invited Amelia.

The day had arrived and she was getting dinner ready. She knew Rob would be happy for her but she also had to tell him about her run in with his ex wife and her ex husband. Even though they had been in contact they had never really spoken about what had happened after Maya left. She had left without telling anyone, rob however stayed back and dealt with the aftermath of his wife's affair.

Josh was sitting on the couch playing with Charlotte while Amelia was sitting on the opposite side flicking through her phone. Maya could help but smile like always seeing her boyfriend with her daughter, their daughter.

The door bell rang out and maya froze. She wasn't sure why she was so worried. Leaving them to what they were doing she went to answer the door. Almost immediately rob had engulfed her into a hug. It felt so nice to be so close to family again. Family had never been about blood for maya.

"Maya it's so great to see you"

"You too, come in. I have some people I want you to meet"

Rob was unsure what was going on. Walking in and seeing a guy on the couch holding a baby. The girl sitting on the other side of the couch had caught his attention though. It was Maya's best friend looking beautiful as ever in his opinion. He had always had a soft spot for Amelia, maybe not in a romantic way but when he was with Krystal he saw her as a little sister just like Maya.

Josh hope off the couch and went over to shake Rob's hand.

"I'm Josh, Maya's boyfriend"

After shaking hands he observed the looks between them. All he had wanted since that day they had caught their partners together was for maya to be happy. She looks extremely happy but he didn't miss the baby laughter in the back ground. Maya went over and picked Charlotte up bringing her over to rob.

"And this is Charlotte, char this is your uncle Rob"

Smiling widely the little girl held her arms out. Rob took her quickly not missing the likeness between the girl and Maya's ex husband.

"Is she?"

Not wanting to upset her by bringing up the past. Not wanting to remind her yet again of that awful day. Maya nodded.

"Well she's beautiful"

Dinner was a lot more comfortable then they had expected. Everyone got on great and maya couldn't be happier seeing josh and rob get along.

Afterwards Maya had handed Charlotte over to Rob and went to wash the dishes. She hasn't missed the way Rob and Amelia had got on pretty easily and thought this would be the perfect time to match make. Josh knew exactly what his girlfriend was up to and walked the other way.

Before the night was over Josh made sure he got Rob to one side to ask him about what he thought about them getting married. Everyone he has asked had said yes. It was time for them to take the next step.