Chapter 19

"Happy birthday my handsome boyfriend" She leant over the bed and kissed him. He was so happy to be with them today.

"Thank you beautiful girlfriend, do I get to spend the day with my three favourite girls?"

"You sure do. Amelia will be here this afternoon too. But first we need to talk"

Josh was worried he watched her adjust herself in the bed. He shouldn't have been though it was nothing really bad. Maya had been thinking he had been the one there for both of them. She knew it was soon but she really wanted Charlotte to have a family. She wanted to ask him something, something big that she wasn't exactly sure how he would react. There almost 7 month relationship had been so great and they had all grown so close.

"Alright, beautiful you are scaring me"

"It's not bad I promise. Charlotte has something to ask you"

His eyebrows creased. What in the world could his girlfriend's one year old ask him. He looked down at Charlotte and smiled.

"Well of course I have to ask and she can't really talk well like form sentences so me talking to her was kind of pointless but anyway" Josh chuckled he knew Maya babbled on when she was nervous. "So basically we are really happy with our life right?" Josh nodded. "Well I wanted to know if you know you would be okay will Charlotte calling you dad?"

Josh's eyes widened and he felt his eyes begin to tear up. This was big. In the last 7 months he had considered Charlotte to be his own daughter but thought it wasn't his place to say anything. He just kissed her and then took Charlotte from her. She could see the tears in his eyes and knew they were definitely happy ones.

"Nothing would make me happier than this little angel calling me dad. Best birthday present ever"

"Well I'm glad. We both love you, very much. We also bought you these"

Josh opened his presents to find the watch he kept looking at in a store window. The next one was a shirt. It was probably one of the ugliest ones he had ever seen but he knew with Maya there was a reason for everything. He looked over to find her smirking.

"I asked Charlotte which one she wanted to get you and she pointed to that one" she laughed.

"Well in that case I will wear it with pride especially since our daughter picked it"

Those words made Maya's heart swell. He still had a hold of Charlotte and kissed her forehead. That was met with laughter, she loved being around Josh.

"Well I guess we should go out to have breakfast I'm sure your mom is waiting for us"

"Thank you Maya"

"For what?"

"Our family"

"Thank you for choosing us"

All three of them made their way to the kitchen table to have breakfast. Amy was already up and cooking Josh the same birthday breakfast he had had for most of his life. His mom loved spoiling him because he was the baby.

"Happy birthday my baby" She kissed his cheek.

"Thanks mom. Argh my birthday breakfast. I love this"

"No worries. So that's an interesting shirt you have on there" Josh had changed before they left the room. He thought what better day to actually wear that horrible shirt than his birthday.

"Well my beautiful daughter here picked it" He kissed her forehead.

"You have such great fashion sense Char"

*****

Maya and Amy had set up at dinner. Cory and Topanga had taken their kids and grand kids away for the week. So it was just Maya, Amy, Charlotte, Amelia and one of Josh's old friends from back home. The cake was in the fridge and Charlotte was sitting in her seat drawing him a picture.

"So I'm guessing the conversation you wanted to have with Josh went well"

"Yeah it did. Speaking of, I was wondering if I could ask you something"

"Anything sweetie. You are basically family now"

"Well you know I don't have a lot of family. I was wondering if maybe she could call you Nan like Rileys kids do. It's just us all being around each other and the effort you have gone to for her birthday and everything"

"Of course Maya, I would be honoured. I'm glad Josh has finally met the one. I really think you two were meant to be together especially since everything you guys have gone through"

"Thanks Amy"

Amelia arrived and started to help with setting up everything. Josh had come in not long after with his friend Andrew and he it didn't take long for Amelia to find her way over to him and start a conversation. Maya couldn't help but laugh that was how much of a flirt she was. There was no denying that he was good looking.

They had dinner and cake. Everything was just as Josh wanted it. A night with some of his family and closest friends.

A/N: so I hope this double update and that last one being longer makes up for the lack of updates in this book. I'm really interested to know the part of their lives you are keen on seeing. I like to write things people will like to read.