Chapter 18

Maya couldn't believe her little girl was one today. It had been a crazy year. One which she wished was easier for her daughter but it seemed like things were working out for the best. Josh was everything Danny wasn't and he adored Charlotte. This was going to be just what she needed, someone who would always be there for her.

"Happy birthday Char" she kissed her on the cheek. She was laying between Josh and Maya in the bed.

"Mama"

"Mmhm how about you wake up josh and we go out and see Amy" All Charlotte ever did was smile.

Maya picked up Charlotte and put her on top of Josh. She snuggled into his chest before she got annoyed with the lack of attention and started to to pull on his face.

"Is that the birthday girl that is pulling on my face"
Josh started tickling her to which her laughter began.

Maya had wanted a simple birthday lunch with Josh, Amy and Amelia. The rest of the family were away again. Maya had wanted to buy Charlotte a small gift but when Amy was looking after her days before her birthday Josh and Maya went out to get a present. Josh had gone crazy. He had insisted on buying her more than just the doll Maya had wanted to. Saying it was her first birthday and she deserved to be made a fuss of. While Maya was annoyed at first she thought it was cute he was trying to make this day so special.

They had decided to have a picnic at the park where the three of them go every sunday. It was the one place they always went together. One that had become very familiar to Charlotte. Amy had also wanted to make a fuss of Charlotte. Buying her a bracelet which later Maya found out she had bought for all of her grandchildren. Something special, a bond she never thought Charlotte would have the opportunity to have. Amelia on the other hand decided to buy her god daughter a star. It was something that Amelia and Maya had gotten each other for their 21st birthday. It was something to tie them all together, the stars being close to each other at night.

Josh took Charlotte over to the play area where he was pushing Charlotte on the swing. Maya loved watching them together. Now that he was gone there was something she really wanted to talk to Amelia and Amy about. She was hoping they would agree with her and that she could ask Josh something special on his birthday the next week.

"So I wanted to ask you both something, It's for Josh's birthday and I'm not sure if it's too soon"

"I'm sure he will love whatever you get him Maya but what is it?" Amelia asked.

"Well I love the way he is with us and I love the fact that he considers us a family. I don't want Charlotte growing up calling him Josh especially if in the future we decide to have kids. I wanted to ask him if he will be okay with her calling him dad"

"Oh Maya I know my boy he will be more than happy to be called dad"

"Maya seriously the guy is so in love with you. You guys will definitely have more kids, I'm surprised you aren't pregnant already considering you two can't keep your hands off of each other"

Maya gave her a death stare. Yes it might have been the truth but she wished he best friend had a filter in front of her boyfriends mother. Before she could apologies for her friends lack of filter Amy started laughing.

"So I guess that it's decided then, I will ask him on his birthday"