Chapter 2: She was an angel

"Shhh Char, mommy has to get up early tomorrow for work. Let's go lay in my bed"

Maya laid Charlotte down next to her in her bed. She was due to start at Topanga's in three hours but Charlotte had a temperature. She kept looking at the clock picking a time it would be appropriate to call Topanga about not coming in until the afternoon. Taking Charlotte to the doctors would have to happen first.

Just after 7am Maya quickly called Topanga before going to the doctors with Charlotte.

"Hi Topanga, I'm so sorry to do this but Charlotte is a bit sick and I really have to take her to the doctors. I can probably work this afternoon. If I can get her to sleep in her pram"

"No problems sweetie. Just make sure she is okay. If you can't get down don't worry Cory's brother is staying with us for a while he can cover it"

"Thank you so much see you this afternoon"

Maya took Charlotte to the hospital. She was not too sick just a bit of a viral thing. Nothing that was too bad so she decided to go into work after she got Charlotte asleep in her pram they went down to Topanaga's.

She was expecting Riley and an older man to be working considering it was her uncle. Instead Maya saw an attractive young male behind the counter. She found herself wondering who he was and how she was going to go in there. She walked in with Charlotte and Riley came running over. She hadn't met her before and Riley with two children of her own loved seeing babies.

"Aw Maya she's beautiful, is she okay now?"

"Yeah just a viral thing. They put her on antibiotics and she should be good. She should be okay for me to work I will just put her over here"

"Oh wait Maya I want you to meet someone"

Josh had been serving a customer went his niece had left. He looked over at her to find her talking to a gorgeous blonde. She had a massive smile on her face and he found himself just staring at her.

"This is my uncle Josh, Uncle Josh this is the newest employee Maya" Riley introduced them.

"Hey it's nice to meet you" Maya said shyly.

"It's nice to meet you too and who is this little cutie"

"This is my daughter Charlotte, she's been a little sick today so I had to bring her with me"

"Well I'm just about to go look after Riley's boys because Austin (Riley's husband) has to go to work, I can take her with me if you want"

Maya had never really left Charlotte. She was nervous about her being near strangers. She had never really trusted anyone with her.

"I don't know she gets really fussy and the only other person I have ever left her with is her babysitter"

"We will just be across the street Maya, I can always bring her back"

Maya wanted to say no but there was something about these Matthews that she found to be very trustworthy. Just in the few weeks she had been there her and Riley had begun talking more and Topanga was probably one of the most understanding bosses you could get.

"Okay but promise you will bring her back if she gets upset"

"Promise. Topanga will be home soon anyway. You can come with Riley to pick her up after"

"Okay thank you Josh"

Maya's shift went past pretty quickly. She was constantly looking at the clock on the wall waiting for it to be over. It was hard for her to let someone help her with her daughter. Since she left her husband it had just been her and then 9 months  later Charlotte.

Lucky for Maya Riley knew where she was going to pick up her daughter. They entered the apartment to see the two boys running around and Josh sitting on the couch with Charlotte. She was leaning onto his chest sleeping. She looked so content. Josh turned around and to see them walking through the door. He got up and passed Charlotte to Maya.

"Thank you so much for this Josh"

"Not a problem Maya, she was an angel. How about I walk out with you"

"Uh- yeah alright. Bye Riley see you tomorrow."

"Bye guys" she looked between Maya and Josh.

They walked over to the lift and went down. The whole time Josh was staring at Maya. He couldn't help it.

"Uh this is me. Thanks again Josh"

"Not a problem Maya. Till next time"

"Yeah, Till next time"

He watched her walk into the building then left himself.