Chapter 11

Picking up from where we left off..

"He is great, I'm hoping this one lasts"

"I've seen the way he looks at you Maya, he isn't going anywhere"

Maya and Amelia caught up with what was going on in each other's lives. Amelia even hinted to the fact that she was thinking of moving to New York because of a job offer. Being near Maya would make up for the fact that she would have to leave her mom and dad. Her relationship was very to different with her parents than Maya's was. She had grown so close to Amelia's parents that they were the ones she planned on Charlotte calling Grandma and Grandpa.

Josh was still in the park with Charlotte when she was becoming restless. He looked over to find the two women talking and laughing. He loved the way Maya's face lit up when she smiled. He knew that it had been a long time since she had a proper night out with friends so he decided that he would offer to take Charlotte for the night.

"I think little Char here needs a nap, I'm going to take her home"

"Josh you don't need to do that we will all go back"

"I insist and while your at it why don't you two go out and do something tonight. I can look after her"

"Are you sure?"

"I am perfectly capable of looking after her for a few hours, now go have fun babe"

she jumped up and kissed him. After deepening the kiss she heard someone clearing their throat. Maya blushed and pulled away from Josh looking over to see her best friend smirking. Even after only a few hours Amelia could see Josh was head over heels in love with Maya. The way he was with her god daughter made her so happy.

"Well it was nice meeting you Amelia I'm sure I will see you later tonight"

"You too, considering you basically live at my best friends house I will probably see you later. Hopefully though you guys might have clothes on next time"

"Amelia!" Maya glanced over at her best friend. She hadn't warned Josh enough. Josh smirked. Maya knew that she wasn't going to go easy on Josh and at some point she would drag him aside for the best friend talk. "Thank you babe, we will see you later"

Josh walked off with Charlotte in her stroller. She was pretty comfortable in there. Josh couldn't believe how his life had turned around in the last few months. Maya was his definition of perfect and that perfect woman was with him. He was so grateful for how things had worked out. After dating for the last two months he was finally going to take her back to Philly the next month to meet his parents. To say his parents were sick of hearing about Maya and Charlotte was an understatement. Although they were happy he was happy they really just wanted to meet this woman for themselves.

Getting back to the apartment Charlotte went straight to sleep and Josh decided to clean up a bit before sitting and watching television. Josh had an incoming face time. It was his Mom.

(Josh)
(Amy)

Hey Ma, How are you?

Pretty good, how is that girl of yours doing?

She's good. She's out at the moment.

There was some crying coming from the other room followed by Charlotte yelling out mama. Josh looked over his shoulder not knowing whether to walk in and get her.

Wait a second I will be right back

Josh put his phone down on the table and grabbed Charlotte from her bed. He smiled down at her before picking her up.

"Hey pretty girl Mama isn't here, let's go into the other room"

Charlotte had settled. She always does for Josh.  He picked up his phone with her still in his arms. She could see the person on the phone and was pretty happy to smile and wave to them. Josh just laughed.

Mom meet Charlotte. This is Maya's daughter.

Aw she is beautiful Josh. So are you just with her tonight.

Yeah Maya's best friend has come into down, so I offered to look after her. She's a pretty relaxed kid.

Charlotte began to climb all over Josh loving the attention of both the adults laughing at her.

I can't wait to meet her next month Josh, she sounds like a nice girl. Topanga and Riley talk highly of her too. I will let you go I will see you soon

See you soon Ma, love you

After disconnecting his phone he looked down at Charlotte who was playing with his face. He started making funny faces at her and she just started laughing. Maya and Amelia had decided to come back earlier as Amelia wanted to get to know Josh better. Maya was greeted with the scene of her boyfriend and daughter bonding together. Yep he is definitely a keeper she thought. 

A/N: I don't know about you guys but I'm loving the direction this story is going. A little drama in coming up chapters but it's all going somewhere. New book coming out very soon. I have like 5 different ideas for new stories so if you guys still enjoy Joshaya I will keep writing.

Until next time...