Chapter 20

Josh was finally starting his first night classes. He was so nervous, he was going to be a lot older than most of the other students. There was something worrying him about being the old guy in the class. He had been working hard to get back to where he is today. His life had been a mess for the last few years but having Maya and Charlotte in his life had really straightened things out. There was no doubt in his mind that they were meant to be together and he was grateful that Maya had chosen him to be in their little family.

Lately things had been getting serious. He had been thinking about the future. Being a writer was something he always wanted. It was something Elise never got, she thought it was just a hobby. Maya on the other hand was supportive of everything he did. He tried his hardest to be the same for Maya. In the back of his mind he couldn't shake the feeling that their perfect world would be rocked at any point by Danny. He just hoped that he never figured out that Charlotte was his and Maya's daughter. As far as he was concerned Charlotte was their daughter. The fact she was now learning how to say dada and associated josh with that word was more than enough for him.

"Hey what's got you acting so serious?"

Josh was brought out of his daze. Looking over at his girlfriend walking into the room with Charlotte. His whole world was standing their right in front of him and he couldn't help but smile.

"Just thinking about everything. I'm a little nervous"

"Josh you are going to be fine. You have been through some of this class before. But for extra motivation we have something to show you"

Maya whispered something into Charlotte's ear who starting smiling and clapping.

"Come on show daddy like I told you"

Maya passed her over to Josh and he kissed on her on the cheek. She looked him straight in the eye and smiled at him.

"Dada"

Josh's eyes lit up. Even though they had discussed it hearing her finally say it made it all real to him. Maya was staring in front of them with the biggest grin on her face. This is what she has wanted for a while.

"That's right baby, I'm your dada. Hey Maya how about we have another one"

Maya's eyes widened. They had never spoken about kids. They had been living together for a while now, they had exchanged I love yous the relationship was serious but Maya had never considered having another child, at least not yet. She often thought about the future. Josh and her getting married, a few extra children running around.

"Well I guess we could talk about it"

Josh put Charlotte in her seat and walked over to Maya putting his arms around her waist.

"Talk? We could do other things about it"

"Josh you have class to get to and we have a daughter in the room"

"Right well we can talk or not talk about this later. I better get going. See you beautiful" He kissed her and then turned his attention to Charlotte. "See you later my other beautiful girl" He kissed her forehead and walked out.

Maya sat around the table feeding Charlotte. Daydreaming all the way through. He had made her really start thinking about the immediate future. Her daughter was growing up quickly and it would be the perfect time to try for another.

Josh had found the class easier than he thought. There was more mature aged students in his glass than he had thought. The college was a five minute walk from their apartment. He walked through the door to find Maya waiting there for him.

"I think you are right Josh, we should have another baby"

A/N: don't worry joshaya fans there may be an engagement and wedding before another joshaya baby.