Chapter 6: The date

Maya was nervous. Josh had asked her out to dinner. She didn't know whether it was a catch up between friends or a date. Amelia was away for work, she decided she would call her if anything actually happened. She had called Riley and asked if she could look after Charlotte. Of course Riley had said yes but Maya got her to come over to help her pick out an outfit. Riley thought Maya just needed some alone time. Maya had told her she had raised Charlotte alone from when she was born.

Maya quickly went to open the door when she had heard someone knocking. Riley came in and had a drink with her. Maya was finally ready to tell her what was actually going on.

"So I asked you to look after Charlotte because I think I have a date tonight"

Riley's mouth dropped. "Okay, do I know this guy?"

"Well yeah it's your uncle"

"Well finally, do you have something to wear?"

"I thought maybe this dress. It casual without being over the top"

"I love it. Are you nervous?"

" The only person I ever dated was Charlotte's dad. He was my first and last everything. After having Charlotte I never really thought anyone else would be interested, taking on someone else's child is a big responsibility"

"Maya he likes you. He likes Charlotte. Everything is going to be fine alright. I'm going to take her now you get ready and have a great night"

For the next hour Maya kept looking over her outfit and hair. She was unsure about if she was ready for this. Sure Josh was a nice guy and she really liked him but she had only ever been on dates with one person, only ever kissed one guy, only ever slept with one guy. Memories of Danny were coming back to her in the most unpleasant way. Shaking all those things out of her head she went to answer the door when someone knocked on it.

It was Josh he had dress jeans and a button up top on. He just stood there in awe looking at Maya. This was a big deal for him too. Elise was the last girl he ever dated. Things obviously didn't work out there. Not only did he have a dead wife he had a cheating dead wife.

"Wow Maya you look incredible"

"Thanks you don't look too bad yourself"

She locked the door behind her and they made their way down to the park. Maya had no idea what they were actually doing that night. Walking past there they came up to a lake where a picnic was set up.

"I hope you like it I haven't done this for a while"

"Me either and it's perfect"

The night went past quickly with Josh and Maya telling each other about their lives and it didn't take long for Josh to ask about Charlotte. Maya found that the cutest. The fact that he always checked up to see how she was going. As the night went on they got closer. Not wanting the night to end Maya picked Charlotte up from Riley's and went back to her apartment. They sat down watching movies all night until Josh decided he needed to go home. Walking him out to the door made Maya nervous she had no idea what to do. Does She hug him or kiss him. She had never been in this situation before.

They hugged at the door and pulled away slowly. Josh was looking at her lips, he knew if he was going to do it he had to do it now. Josh kissed Maya and deepened the kiss after a while. She had never felt like this. She was absolutely loving it. Finally Josh pulls away with a massive grin on his face.

"I had a really nice time Maya, I hope we can do this again sometime"

"I did too, of course we can. Goodnight"

"Goodnight" He quickly pressed his lips against Maya's again.

She closed the door. To Maya this was just like the movies. Her fingers went up to her lips where she
could still feel his on hers. If this was what it was like to date Joshua Matthews she was ready for it.

A/N: so a whole month without an update and now 4 in 3 days must be some kind of record for me! I'm really getting into writing this story..what do you think will happen next?