Chapter 12

Josh was awoken by someone hitting his head. During the night Charlotte had woken up so Josh had brought her into the bed with them. When Josh opened his eyes Charlotte was right in his face.

"Char stop hitting Josh's face" Maya looked over at her boyfriend. "Good morning handsome"

"Good morning gorgeous" he leant over to kiss her. "Good morning my other favourite girl" He kissed Charlotte's forehead.

Charlotte sat there giggling and babbling away to Josh. All Josh did was smile at her. Sometimes Maya felt like she didn't even exist to Charlotte when Josh was in the room. Not that it really bothered her. She had always wondered if someone would be able to love her daughter as much as she did and she had been given that answer in the form of Joshua Matthews. Maya sat there watching the scene until her best friend barged through her door.

"Amelia did you think maybe you should knock after last time?"

"I heard Charlotte in here I knew you wouldn't do anything nasty with her here. Anyway Josh you need to get dressed because we are going out" Before Josh could say anything she popped her head back into the room and said "No arguments we are going now"

Josh looked over to Maya who had a terrified look on her face. He still didn't know the reasons for why her and Charlotte's dad had split up, seeing as though that was the case Josh assumed it was a bad break up. Obviously Amelia was going to give him the don't hurt my best friend talk and he was nervous for it. What he had learnt in the short time of knowing her was she had no filter and didn't really care what she said to others. She was going to be harsh.

"Well I guess that means I should get dressed" he picked Charlotte up off of his chest and passed her to Maya. "Here go to Mama, I will be back later" He left for a shower but not before kissing both of them on the forehead.

"Just don't take what she says to heart Josh, she is going to be extremely harsh"

"Oh I know, don't worry nobody could scare me away from you two" Maya blushed.

Josh led Amelia down to Topanga's. He knew this wasn't going to be pretty. Topanga and Riley were behind the counter. He offered to go and order while Amelia sat in her seat.

"Josh who is she?" Riley said. She was becoming protective of Maya as they had gotten quite close since she had arrived in New York.

"Relax its Maya's best friend Amelia. I have a feeling she is going to give me the best friend talk"

"Oh come off of it, it can't be that bad"

"Riley she walked in on us the other day in Maya's bedroom. She knows exactly where this relationship is going"

"Uh, not an image I needed Uncle Josh. Just go and impress her"

He nodded as he walked away. He walked slowly over to his seat and sat down directly across from Amelia.

"Alright let's cut to the chase shall we. I really like you Josh, I have seen the way you have treated my best friend and god daughter over the past few days and I have to say I'm quite impressed. Just don't hurt her"

"I do care a lot about both of them. I honestly thought this talk was going to be a lot longer and a lot more harsh then that"

"Look I only did this to embarrass her and make her think I was warning you away but to be honest I think even if I told you to do that you wouldn't would you?"

"Not at all. I'm not leaving either of them. I don't think there is anything that could make me want to leave"

"Alright well then I think we are all good here. Has she told you about Charlotte's sperm donor yet?"

Josh chuckled "Sperm donor? No not yet"

"He doesn't deserve the title of her father. She will tell you when she is ready. This is major for her that she has moved on"

"Well I promise you now I'm not going anywhere"

A/N: Hey guys check out my new book By Chance. You know because I couldn't keep up with three so I added a fourth 😂 I have another one that is in the works too..
Until next time..