Chapter 14

"Well if you'll excuse me mom I think Maya and I have to have a conversation in the other room"

Josh took her into a bedroom upstairs where it was quiet and he could explain her situation with her.

"Not long after Elise died I kind of went down the wrong path. Then everything that happened with my dad I decided to move home, here. A couple of months before I met you I went to work for Topanga because they were down staff and she really needed my help. So I moved to New York"

Maya nodded. "Was it only meant to be temporary"

"Yes, until I met you. Maya from the moment I saw you I thought you were the most gorgeous woman I have ever met. When I started to get to know you I asked Topanga to stay on a little longer. Now we are together and I don't want to be away from you or Charlotte so I decided I'm getting an apartment in New York"

"Woah Josh that is a big step you are packing up and moving everything permanently to be with me"

"It's worth it Maya, you are worth it. You are worth that and so much more. I want to live near you and Charlotte so I can see you guys everyday"

"Live near? Josh why don't you just move in with us. It makes no sense you getting a place of your own if you are just going to spend all your time with us"

"Really?" Maya nodded. "Well I'd love to live with you two. God I love you Maya"

Maya just stood there frozen. Had she really heard him right. Josh suddenly realised what he had said, not that he didn't mean it but he knew Maya probably needed more time. Her stomach started to twist because she knew she felt it too.

"I love you too Josh" Maya said as her eyes watered. "I really love you Josh and I really really want you to come and live with us"

They kissed although pulled away quickly knowing that Josh's mom was downstairs and the rest of his family would be there soon. The walked down the stair to see Cory, Topanga, Riley and her sons already there.

"So I'm guessing everything is okay?" They both nodded. "Well I'm glad sorry for spilling that before son I know you wanted to tell her yourself"

"It's okay mom"

Riley grabbed Maya's hand and took her into the kitchen. She had no idea what was going on between her and Josh. Riley knew that Josh was only meant to be in New York for a few months but she had never seen her uncle so happy. She loved him being in New York too. He was around her sons. He had shown how good he was with kids and Riley had no doubt in her mind that he cared so much about Maya and Charlotte.

The rest of the night went by quickly. Maya had gotten along well with all of Josh's family. His mom taking her to one side and talking to her. It terrified Maya how deep she was getting in but at the same time she was happy to start a new chapter with Josh.