Chapter 7

"Mama"

"Yes good girl" Maya said. She was so proud of her daughter. At 10 months old she had learnt how to crawl and her first word of course was mama.

"Hey Char what about Josh?" Josh picked her up and put her in front of him. He started pulling faces in front of her. All she did was smile at him.

They were out for a picnic like they had been doing for the past six weeks. Without fail Josh would ask them to go every Sunday. Maya didn't mind it was like the kind of thing a real family did. Since their date Josh and Maya had gone on a few more, shared a few more kisses. Josh still hadn't asked her to be his girlfriend yet. Not that it really bothered her, she was quite happy with how everything was. Josh was spending even more time at the apartment and with Charlotte. Maya felt so lucky. After having Charlotte she never thought she would find someone like Josh that actually cared about both of them.

"Well I checked the roster and you don't have a shift tomorrow so I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner tonight?"

"Checking my roster, what a stalker"

"Only for you, so I was thinking we could have dinner tonight as a family"

"A family?"

"You know you, me and Charlotte. I mean that's what we kinda are right?"

Maya didn't think she could like the guy standing in front of her more than she already did. After what he said her eyes lit up and her smile widened. He wanted to be around both of them, he cared for them both. The only other relationship Maya ever had was with Danny and he never made Maya feel as special as she did when she is with Josh.

"A family..I like that. Oh and yes we would certainly like to go to dinner with you"

"Well I will pick you two gorgeous girls up at six, I have something i need to do" He bent down and kissed Maya. Shortly after kissing Charlotte on the forehead.

Maya walked back to her apartment with Charlotte in her stroller. The happiness was radiating off of her. She had agreed to FaceTime Amelia during the week. Amelia had found out about this Sunday outings and demanded after everyone one of them they would talk.

"Maya, so how is lover boy today"

"Josh is fine, how are you?"

"Oh I'm great but come on spill that look on your face isn't just from a simple picnic"

"Well he might have suggested we should go out dinner tonight"

"That's it? Girl I think you should sleep with him. Then he would definitely ask you to be his girlfriend"

"Remind me not to let my daughter near you during her teenage years. No that wasn't it he suggested the three of us go out to a family dinner"

"A family dinner? Maya you do realise how big this is. It means he cares for both of you. I can't wait to be in New York next week to meet"

"Just don't go scaring him off okay. I have to go Charlotte is getting a bit fussy. I will see you next week. Love you"

"Love you too, bye"

Maya picked Charlotte up and rocked her. Pushing her growing hair out of her face. Maya was thankful for the fact that she looked so much like her. She wouldn't be able to handle an even more obvious reminder of her father.

"How do you feel about Josh baby girl, think we should keep him around?"

Charlotte began to smile.

"Yeah I think we should too"