Fall of Konoha - Dusk

Akazo sat there in complete silence, with surprised, widened eyes. What he was staring at was a kunai, jabbed deep inside one of the pillows lying besides his head. A faint light gleamed off of the kunai, causing the young ANBU member to flinch a bit. His eyes would then dart to the Otogakure shinobi that held onto the kunai. A smirk formed across his chapped, rigid lips as he slowly pulled the knife out of the plush cushion, which ripped it in the process. White feathers emerged from the hole and littered the bed.

   "Well," started one of the invading shinobi's partners, who stood at the door with crossed arms. His black hair was tied into a long ponytail, and a noticeable slash rested above his right eye. He bore no ninja tools. 

   Akazo quickly noted that this individual wasn't going to be as much of a pushover as the one standing in front of him. For a moment, Akazo flashed a glare at this supposedly threatening man, who returned the gesture with his own glare. Akazo's eyes then returned to the man in front of him.

   "If you had any common sense, Zadon, you'd know that you should never aim directly at your target," the pony-tailed ninja sighed out. His partner looked at him with an annoyed expression. For some reason, this relationship seemed to be like what Hidan and Kakuzu of the Akatsuki shared.

   "What the hell are you going on about, Atoma?! You can't hit anything if you don't aim at it," Zadon responded. The fact that Zadon took his eyes off of Akazo, thus dropping his guard, made Akazo even more confident that he'd be easy to beat, but as a result, his reluctance to fight Atoma grew.

   "Predict what the target's position will be after you take the initial shot, and aim there instead. What, you thought that he'd just sit there and let you kill him? These Konoha shinobi are far too smart for that," said Atoma, shaking his head with disbelief. Zadon gritted his teeth and looked back at Akazo.

   "In any case, this boy dies!" he yelled, raising the kunai. Before Zadon could pierce Akazo with the easily manoeuvrable knife, the dark-haired shinobi directed a strong right fist to his face, sending him sprawling backwards and crashing into the wall. Atoma didn't even watch, he stood motionlessly by the door, seemingly more attentive to the chaos outside of the small hospital.

   Zadon would let out an angry growl as he slowly stood up, spitting out a knocked out tooth. 

   "Alright, since you wanna be like that," he started, performing multiple hand seals, cackling as his crazed pupils focused on Akazo, who now stood in front of the bed. Akazo let out a slight gasp as he watched Zadon's hand signs accelerate.

   This jutsu, it's...

   "I'll blow this entire place up!"

   A bright light consumed the hospital before an explosion went off, sending debris flying everywhere. Smoke engulfed the area as the sounds of warfare still went off in the background.

   Somewhere near the village outskirts, Sasuke, followed by his eight-man squad, stopped in their tracks. All ANBU squads previously sent off by Nori were rushing back to the village.

   "Captain, why'd you stop?" asked one of the ANBU members. Sasuke looked at the male before looking back ahead.

   That explosion just now... it's near the hospital Akazo is recuperating at. I have to hurrySasuke thought as he lifted up his mask.

   "Techī, use the Modified Flying Raijin Jutsu to teleport all of you back to the village and ward off the enemy," said Sasuke, looking at another one of the men.

   "What about you, captain? You're the strongest one among us, we'll need you in ba–"

   "Just go, don't disobey your captain! I'll be in the village before you even arrive," Sasuke reassured, dashing forward. In a few seconds, he was already out of sight. Techī gave off a sigh before turning around to face his team.

   "Alright, everyone. Prepare for teleportation."

   Standing on top of debris was Atoma with his arms crossed. He glared at his partner, who was standing next to him, panting lightly. All that remained of the hospital was completely destroyed.

   "Zadon, that jutsu of yours... the Adamant Explosion technique, it drains too much chakra all at once. Now what if that boy survived? You'd be done for," he scolded, a vein popping out of his forehead. One scratch could be seen on his shirt.

   "J-just shut the hell up and stay out of it, Atomi!" Zadon yelled back.

   "Get my name wrong again and I'll kill you myself. Does that jutsu also cut back on the number of brain cells you have left, hm?" Atoma replied, staring at Zadon with an emotionless face. Zadon gritted his teeth and sighed again, turning around to face him.

   "Whatever. The kid's dead anyway."

   Atoma looked past Zadon's shoulder and raised an eyebrow.

   So that's...

   Suddenly, Zadon let out a deafening cry as his now bloodshot eyes widened. A few drops of blood dripped to the ground. 

   Behind him was Akazo, holding the grip of his sword. The blade was jabbed deep into Zadon's back. The dark-haired shinobi quickly yanked his arm back, pulling the sword from Zadon's flesh. The bleeding intensified as a result. A shocked Zadon leaned forward, hunching over Atoma's shoulder.

   Akazo panted lightly. Some parts of his face and arms were burned.

   If I hadn't used the Body Flicker Technique, I'd be dead... at least one of these guys are down. Now then..

   Atoma used a finger to wipe away some blood that landed on his cheek.

   "So, you did survive. You Konoha shinobi sure are annoying to handle," said Atoma, shaking his head with disbelief. 

   He then, without warning, shoved his knee forward, jabbing it into Zadon's stomach. Zadon's lower half imploded, his blood spewing in all directions. Akazo yelped and moved back as a fair amount got into his eyes, but before he could wipe any away, Atoma dashed forward, directing another knee to Akazo's chest.

   Akazo sprawled backwards in the air, crashing into an abandoned residence. The house caved in, forcing its debris to fall on top of him. Atoma scoffed, his arms crossed again.

   "I'd rather not use any ninjutsu to defeat you. Taijutsu will suffice... although I doubt you'd survive another one of my blows," he said gently, slowly walking towards the debris.

   "Come on out, so I can kill you," he said, kicking bricks and pieces of cement out of his way.

   "Chidori Sharp Spear!" yelled a male voice above Atoma.

   A long spear of electricity jabbed Atoma in the back. The electricity was then manipulated into multiple more blades to immobilise him further, thus creating more wounds in his body. 

   Atoma gritted his teeth and, with difficulty, turned around to look on top of a building to see Sasuke, his Sharingan blazing.

   The Sharingan, Atoma thought. An Uchiha... Sasuke Uchiha.

   He then coughed out a small amount of blood.

   Sasuke gave him a slight smirk as he jumped down, now walking towards the immobile Atoma.

   "Just stand still, so I can kill you."