Past and Present

A noticeably younger Sebbech was standing in a dark corner of an unknown room. The room barely had enough light, which by itself was occasionally flickering on and off due to its poor quality. It appeared that he was alone until a faint thud was heard.

   The green-haired shinobi slowly rose his head to look into the eyes of an orange-haired woman. It was Seiko, who had a bloodstained kunai resting in her palm. She clenched her free hand a little before dropping the knife to the floor.

   "Is it done?" Sebbech asked the kunoichi. Seiko nodded as she now stared at the small blade sticking in the floor.

   "Yes, milord. The Fourth Mizukage... Yagura Karatachi has just been killed by the Akatsuki organisation," she replied.

   Sebbech smirked a little as he stood up and walked towards one of the few windows in the room. After swiping his hand against it as to clear away some dust, he looked outside of it to look at some villagers not too far away. By just reading their lip movements, he deduced that they, too, were conversing over the Mizukage's apparent death.

   "Lord Fourth's merciless reign over the village caused us to be dubbed as the Hidden Blood Mist Village. Now that he's dead, the villagers would certainly want a more democratic person to be elected as the Fifth," he said.

   "I believe that you're the perfect candidate for that title, God. However, I have dire news for you."

   "Speak, woman. The opportunity for me to become Mizukage has arrived, what the hell could be dire right now?"

   Seiko took out a piece of paper that looked like a photograph of someone.

   "The higher ups are already considering to elect a woman named Mei Terumi as the Fifth Mizukage. She says that she will spend her term reforming internal policies and recreating diplomatic relations with other villagers," the orange-haired woman told him. She then handed him the picture of a younger looking Mei.

   Sebbech immediately crumbled the piece of paper and tossed it aside with an annoyed facial expression. He expected candidates for that title to be announced following Yagura's death, but he had no idea that it was already being done.

   "I'll be damned if some random bitch steals my chance of becoming Mizukage," he said through gritted teeth. Seiko walked towards him and slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. A light, pink blush was now present on her cheeks.

   "What will you do, God?" she asked him softly.

   Sebbech looked over to an ANBU mask and sword hanging on a wall nearby. He then turned around to look into the affectionate woman's eyes. As soon as he did so, the kunoichi pressed her lips against his to catch them in a deep kiss.

   After a few seconds, the green-haired male used two fingers to grab Seiko by the chin and pushed her a few inches back. He then smirked a little to himself as he redirected his attention to the hanging items.

   "Lord Yagura was a ruthless tyrant, but he sure did make sure to do his best for the village. I respect the man in that regard, so in his memory, I'll be the exact same thing."

   "I'll kidnap Mei Terumi for you, God."

   "No need, Seiko... I'll deal with her myself," he told her.

. . . .

   Sebbech opened his eyes to look over to Chojuro, who was gritting his teeth as he listened to the shinobi's recalls of his past. The blue-haired swordsman ran towards him with a livid facial expression, despite wanting to hear more from him. He knew that it was too soon to act, but his anger still consumed him.