Chapter 7

I wake up with a blinding headache. I'm unable to open my eyes with the pain. Why do I feel so bad?

I manage to peel one eye open and discover I am not in my own comfortable bed, instead I am on the sitting room couch entangled with Ben. My heart drops. I sigh in relief as I see I still have my clothes on. Phew.

I slowly glance around the room and see everybody passed out on the floor and couches. What the hell happened last night? The last thing I remember is the boys and Charlie coming back to our house while Luke and I were watching a movie?

I feel Ben's arms tighten around my waist as he drags me closer to him. "Morning," he smiles groggily, his eyes still closed. "What happened?" I whisper, trying not to wake the others. He raises his hand to his face, rubbing his eyes., still ensuring his other hand was laid protectively on my hip.

Although he's a very attractive guy and we are cuddled up on the sofa together like this, I fail to feel a spark. I don't know why I had hoped to feel something,

"Em drinking, a lot of drinking," he says huskily. That's when it clicks. When they all came back last night, they brought a lot of alcohol with them and persuaded me and Luke to join.

I look around and see food packets lying everywhere, books pulled off the bookshelves and drink bottles scattered around the floor, a few smashed. I dread to see what the kitchen looks like. "What time is it?" I rub my eyes, snuggling into Ben for warmth as I'm only wearing a tee and leggings and we have no blanket.

"12:30," he answers after taking out his phone. I nod with a yawn. 12:30 isn't too late. Wait a sec, it's 12:30!!!!

My eyes shoot open and I briskly sit up. "Calum!" I shout, throwing a cushion as my unconscious step brother. He groans and opens his eyes with an angry frown. "What the fuck was that for?" He asks irritated.

"It's 12:30! Mom and David will be home at 1!" I shout, standing up but only to fall back down with the pain in my head. He instantly darts up from the opposite couch to my side. "Are you alright?" He asks worriedly. This surprises me, I've never seen him show care for me. It must be a side effect of a hangover.

"Yeah, yeah just a headache," I answer a bit astonished. "Okay well I'm gonna go get you painkillers and then we'll figure out what we're going to do about this," he states as he motions to all the people and mess.

He stands up and makes his way to the kitchen. I'm left there shellshocked. That was freaking odd.

"Guys where's Luke?" I ask as Ashton and Charlie wake up from the commotion. "He's out here don't worry!" Calum calls back.

Did he sleep in the kitchen or something? I slowly get up from my position on the couch and walk into the kitchen to see Luke already wide awake and making coffee for everyone. "What a sweetheart," I smile as he meets my gaze.

Calum hands me two pills and a glass of water. I graciously take them with a smile. "Okay so we've got a small problem," Calum scratches the back of his neck as he examines the mess. I nod as I swallow the tablets.

"Mum and dad are gonna kill us," he sighs. I feel a warmth inside me as I hear him say the word mum. He normally just refers to my mother as Tess or Tessa. I've never actually heard him call her mum and it makes me feel really happy for some reason.

"Us? I'm underaged and y'all had me up drinking freaking Toquilla shots until god knows what hour," I let out a chuckle. "Yeah and who got you drunk?" He laughs. I don't know why we're laughing, we're soon going to be in an early grave but just something about it is so damn hilarious.