Chapter 12

"Surprise!"

I'm met with a house full of people. Is this a surprise party? I recognise everybody in the room, many friends from school, teammates but one person stands out from the crowd to me.

"Cameron!" I scream, ignoring the pain in my head and running to him. I jump into his arms and he twirls me around as my legs wrap around his waist.

"What are you doing here! Why aren't you in London?!" I exclaim as he sets me down onto the ground. "How could I miss my best friends seventeenth!" He smiles widely.

Music commences and I turn to my mom. "Thank you," I smile towards her, knowing she did this.

"I'm not really dressed for a party," I check the time, seeing it's around 5 o'clock. "I've got you covered baby," Lily takes my hand in hers and pulls me upstairs and into my bedroom before I can greet everyone.

All the girls I saw downstairs were wearing fancy ass dresses and heels, I'm not really into that. Lily pulls out a bag from my closet.

"How did you guys pull this off?" I ask astonished, sitting down on my bed. "It was mostly the boys who put it together."

She takes a brown/beige skirt, with golden buttons lined from top to bottom out of the bag along with a white off the shoulder crop top. She hands the pair to me with a cheeky grin. "Please wear," she giggles.

My pride is telling me no, but my heart is saying that's an extremely cute outfit. She hands me a pair of white sandal wedges with.

I sigh before making my way to the bathroom and changing from my previous clothes an into the fancy outfit. The top exposes my shoulders meaning my small tattoo is visible, I'm going to get some questions about that.

It's a simple heart with the letter J written in calligraphy in the middle of it, on the front of my shoulder.

I exit the bathroom and see Lily standing there in a pretty red one shouldered dress and a pair of black tall ass stilettos. I don't know how that girl does it. As Lily quickly applies my makeup, she begins talking.

"Okay so yes the doctor said you need to rest, but babe you need to get smashed on your seventeenth birthday. Your mom and David and all other adults will be leaving by 7, then after that it'll be your party," she informs.

I nod in response, taking all the information in. My mom is letting me have a house party?

"And we're all done," she smiles, putting away the makeup.

My nerves set in and I begin shaking slightly. "Hey it's okay," Lily reassures as we stand at the top of the staircase. She fluffs a few of my curls and walks down first.

A lot of stares are in our direction as we walk down the large staircase. I'm self conscious now, I don't usually wear these sort of clothes like at all. We reach the bottom, thankfully everyone is settled and chatting and dancing to the very loud music.

I feel too many stares on me. "Let's find the boys!" Lily shouts over the music, dragging me into the living room. We spot Calum and Ashton seated on the sofa, all changed into jeans and tees. They catch sight of us and their mouths drop open.

"Woah, Alex you look different," Ashton gawks, examining me up an down. "Stop checking out my sister," Calum hits his chest, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Guys have you seen Alex?" Mikey appears next to me. I let out a chuckle. I don't look that different do I?

"Michael I'm right here," I laugh, he turns to look at me and his jaw practically hits the floor. "Damn bitch you look hot!" He exclaims, earning him a glare from Calum. I feel a blush creep into my cheeks. "I better go catch up with Cameron," I excuse myself, awkwardly.