13

Alex's POV.

Mya didn't know me. My story, my history. She knew nothing.

And I knew I didn't deserve her at all. But there was something about her, that led me back to her.

I didn't want anyone but her. I felt something, when I was with her. I felt happiness, which I barely ever feel. I'd never felt it again until I met her.

•••

Mya's POV.

The bonfire was over, I took it upon myself to enjoy time in the bookstore with Alex. I loved moments like these, when no one was around and he was so generous, sharing intimate pieces of himself with me.

"So you want your own practice?" I was infatuated in the knowledge he held. I saw so much potential in someone that seemed to hide it so much. You could just tell he didn't brag about himself, or give himself enough credit. I gazed at his muscles tense when he picked up an album, admiring the lyrics on the back.

I could hear the rain pouring down outside, and the bookstore was going to close shortly.

"You ready to go?" Alex rubbed his hand behind my back, like I was his younger sibling he watched over. 

"I don't want this to end. Being with you here." I admitted.

"It's Friday, it doesn't have to. Let's go off campus for tonight. Just us. I want to show you my favorite places in Seattle."

"I don't know.. I like spending time with you and all but.."

"Everybody knows me here Mya, trust me, I couldn't get away with any type of crime." He rolled his eyes.

"Ok." I agreed, a heavy smile seeping into my face.

We strode in silence across downtown Seattle. There weren't many people out, but the city was filled with lights. Alex was pointing out reasons he liked it here, and sites that use to make him so happy as a child. Every word he said was like music to me, every word taken into consideration. Everyone saw Alex as so awful, and bad news, I saw him as the complete opposite. Misunderstood, learning themself.

We stopped at a hospital, J. Smith Hospital. 

"I use to come here everyday." He began to speak up as we parked. "My mother, a neurosurgeon here. My father owned the hospital. They got divorced, so my dad always gave my mother hell about working here, even that she had the job before he bought over the company. I loved everything about this hospital. Fell in love with the patients, the knowledge. My mother passed away when I was nine, car crash. Lost control of her car in the rain. My dad lost the contract of owning the hospital short after because he couldn't bear watching me fuck my life up after she passed. When my mom died.. it changed me. I never loved anything more than her, I never got along with my dad, many times I wanted to blame him for her death. Started doing drugs.. God I did so much I'm not proud of. I'm still doing stuff I'm not proud of. Told myself I would come to college and do right, but I never did. Then I saw you, met you, and I felt something near to happiness. A reason to want to be good again. I used to be a great person. I don't want to hurt you Mya." I watched a tear fall from his eye, and it nearly hurt my own heart listening to him cry. 

"Listen to me." I grabbed his face. "You're going to be okay. You're going to be more than okay. I'm not going anywhere." I assured him, leaning against his shoulder.

I lifted my head back up to see him sitting there in silence. "So this is my favorite place, cause it holds my best memories."

"Kiss me, Alex."

He turned, hesitantly reaching under my chin and lifting our my lips up to face his. He gently kissed me once, breaking the kiss to whisper. "You are different to me."

I let go of all my second thoughts, all my care and kissed him. My tongue parted into his mouth, and he reached over unbuckling my seatbelt. 

"Sit on my lap." He instructed and I climbed on top of his lap, causing a small moan to escape from his mouth. 

His hands felt up my back to the bottom of his jeans. I couldn't find the words to stop the moment. He needed me right now and I wanted him.

"Be mine Alex." I pleaded, breaking apart our session of making out.

"i'm yours baby." He caressed my back.

"Always." I replied.

His hands explored the skin under my shirt, making their way to my jeans. The kisses were to intimate that I hadn't even noticed my jeans were unbuckled.

"I want you to experience what it's like to be mine." his fingers traced right under my belly and a whimper left my mouth.

"I've never done this before.." I sighed.

Our kisses stopped, and his seductive like tone turned serious and worrisome.

"Never done what?"

"More with a guy than kiss him.. i-I've-"

"You're a virgin?" The shock in his voice was glaringly obvious, but I nodded my head in embarrassment.

"i've just never done anything with a virgin, don't be embarrassed. It's a good thing." He assured me. "I'm not going to try to have sex with you..yet. Just want to taste you, to be honest with you." He added.

I lifted an eyebrow. "I'm just not ready yet."

"That's fine." He kissed my neck. "You will be some day. Let's go back to the dorm. it's late."

I climbed off of his lap, back into my seat and strapping my seatbelt. It was only a matter of seconds before I was sound asleep.