𝕆𝕟𝕖

Vannoy's POV:

Waking up always seems to be the hardest part in my mornings. I get up, shower and do my hygiene. I look in the mirrior and look over my facial features and stubble of hair, I walk back into my room and put in my uniform. I'm a police officer in the big city of NYC.

It isn't an easy job but most days if you had my job, you'd wish to be home. As I finish with my uniform I feel good, like today was going to be a good day.

 As I finish with my uniform I feel good, like today was going to be a good day

I grab my daily necessities and head out to work. Once I arrive, I park and lock my car then stroll on inside. I smiled an greeted many faces.

"Hey makken."

"Yes sir."

"You have a woman waiting for you with a report."

"Alright, thanks."

I always get the reports no matter if its rape, abuse, violence or domestic violence. I Handle it all. I walk into my office and I see this vivacious woman and her adorable little girl.

"Liyah honey, sit down."

"Sowy mommy."

She quickly sat in the chair and I gently scooted her up. The gave her a lollipop.

"Don't eat that until its ok from your mom." She nodded her little head.

"Otay sir. mommy, I have it pwetty pwease."

"Yes since you asked politely."

The woman looked at me and gave me sad eyes. It made my shoulders slump an my body weak. I want to help this woman and her baby girl as much I can possibly do.

"Now Ms.Hayes, I see that you filed a report on a break-in at your residence and a attempted sexual assault."

"Yes."

"Do you know of the person who would do this?"

"Yes, liyah's father. When I told him about her he wanted no part. Now he's trying to so called reunite with his family."

"Well what is this mans name."

"Le'Von greyy."
I checked his name into the system and boom, he came up dirty.

"Alright, Le'Von greyy has many charges against him alone but I can understand why. He's an addict but most likely harmless in a once in a lifetime situation."

"Ok but I don't know where to go, my friend is in another state, I can't afford a plane ticket and my apartment isn't qualified as safe right now."

"Why not live with me. I have an extra room, bathroom etc if you'd like."

I don't know what made me speak up about this but the vibes is got from her were different. It reminded me of my mother and how friendly she is no matter the situation but can be a real bïtch at times. An I was more than willing to provide for her and her daughter.

"So Ms.Hayes, what do you say?"

"Well, I guess so. What do you think liyah, should we stay over at officer Makken's house."

"Yeah."

"Alright well, there is no need to pack anything."

"Even better, honestly your my last client for the day so we can head over now."

I got up and started cleaning up my work space and grabbed some papers on the way. I lead moné and liyah out of the building and I to the car complex. I told her to follow me and as soon as I speed off, she instantly followed.

It made me feel like I was drawn toward her even more. I'm willing to make this woman fall in love with me and I've already fallen in love with her daughter.

Once we arrive in front of my place. I grab her suitcases and put them inside. Moné went inside.

"Do you mind if I cook dinner."

"Help yourself."

I unbuckle a sleeping liyah, she stirs as I pick her up and she rubs her eyes. I kiss her cheeks and carry her inside. Once we reach inside I see moné preparing dinner. She sees me with liyah and gives me a small smile.

I tried setting her down on the sofa but she wouldn't let go so I held onto her more. I sat down then layed on my back against the sofa recliner. Liyah just rolled over to my aide and snuggled close into my body. I kiss her head and put a blanket over her alone with a stuffed bear.

I slowly stand up and head over to the kitchen and notice moné zoning out while cooking. It made me happy to see her and her daughter, I just felt complete. No words could explain how amazing I felt when I held liyah, just as if looking at moné isnt enough.

"What you cooking?"

"Well. I was thinking about chicken, mashed potatoes and corn."

"Mmm sounds good."

"I'm glad."

"I know we've just met but I was think that maybe we could all hang out together sometime this weekend."

"I'd like that vannoy."

"Amazing. I can't wait to tell liyah."