ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

Moné POV

Its been basically a year and a half since liyah found out that she had cancer. My baby girl if now bald, her hair has wilted out but I still love her. Even though she likes wearing vannoys beanies.

It's adorable how she just jumps right back up from what happened. Although, tonight Vannoy says he has something planned and I'm excited about it. I walk into Vannoy bedroom to see her laying their wearing one of vannoys red beanies. I walked over to her and sat down on the bed.

She scooted over and layed her head in my lap.

"I miss daddy."

"He'll be home in a bit ok."

"Ok mommy."

I rubbed liyahs back softly. Ever since liyah got discharged she was happy but drained. We started to homeschooling her until she was mentally and physically ready to endure school. I didn't want to pressure her nor did I want people to bug her.

After about an hour vonny walked in the room and laid eyes on liyah. He walked, squatted down to her level and opened his arms to her. She immediately went to him and rested in his arms.

"Are you ok baby girl?"

"Mommy and I missed you daddy."

"You did." He just smiled ams kissed her cheek.

"Yeah, can I wear your bean hats."

"Baby, your wearing one."

"I know that daddy."

"Well then yes, yes you can wear them."

"I don't want people making fun of me and my bald head."

"It's ok liyah, nobody is going to hurt you, you still look beautiful baby girl."

"Thanks daddy."

Vannoy just held onto her and swayed side to side. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen. After a few minutes, liyah seemed to fall asleep and he placed her back into the bed.

"Moné, I planned a trip for us to go somewhere relaxing for a week or so."

"Sounds good."

"I want it to be special for you and liyah. An I know this isn't the best time but will you be my girlfriend."

"Thats sweet and yes vannoy."

I missed him softly, soft enough to not disturb liyah. He kissed her head and went down stairs.

"I'm going to make lunch moné ok."

"Ok."

It's been rough and tough for us, we try to stay strong for liyah and sometimes we just can't but hopefully liyah feels up to doing something today.

"Hey baby."

"Yea mommy."

"Want to try to walk down stairs to see daddy?"

"I'll try."

It was like seeing a grown person regressing, my baby didn't move much because of the pain and she does not do pain very well. I lift her up lightly and hold her hands.

"Come on baby, you can do it."

She moved one foot in front of the other and took her time going down the steps and I want going to rush my baby. Vannoy walked to the steps and saw liyah. Vannoy squared down to her level and held out his arms for her.

"You can do sweets, your almost here."

"It hurts." She started to tear up so Vannoy picked her up and kissed her face.

"I know baby, you'll be ok, your mommy and I will protect you alright."

"Ok."

I hated to see her like this and Le'Von is going to get it and realize that I'm taken honey and that I am happy. When liyah walked to Vannoy she took her time and didn't want to fall.

He knelt down and put on her sandals and flared out her dress that I helped put her in. I not I noticed that he also painted her toes. I thought it was the cutest thing. Liyah really likes Vannoy and has grown to show it, Vannoy grabed a backpack that he said had the food in it but the food is inside a lunch box that he put into his backpack.

Today Vannoy suggested that we go to the beach for a hour or two and then pick for our trip. Vannoy held liyahs hands and helped her walk towards the SUV, Vannoy made her laugh to try to take her mind of a little bit of things.

As we drive to the beach liyah played with her tablet and played games. Liyah was always a gnaer and loved playing with her toys. Now that I think about it, Vannoy now plays with her now. When they decide to play princess tea party. Liyah dresses him up in a pink loofa.

I walked in on them one time and she painted his nails red because she said that is was needed. Although, Vannoy never minded one bit.

†***†***†***†***†***†**†
I know it was short but I hope

You enjoyed it at least.

Thx for love and support.