Chapter 2

"There's no point in telling you. I'm just being stupid."

"Well, you're obviously hurt so please tell us. We don't judge."Hannah said.

"You don't even have to tell us all the details, I'm sure we can put all the peices together." Mamrie sighed as she puts her hand on my knee. I flinch and move my knee so her hand slides off. She smiles and puts her hands down her side. Her eyes move to Hannah and and Hannah's eyes move to the floor.

"Take your time and start at the beginning." Mamrie whispered as she shut down her phone.

"You ready?"

"Yeah...maybe. After you guys left the club I stayed for another twenty minutes tops. I left when I felt like it was getting too late and I needed to get back for Goose. I left the club and started making my way home. I got down an alleyway and he....um....he got on the floor. He rap..rap." Suddenly I couldn't breath, the tears were now cascading down my face. My breathing becomes faster and I start to shake. My vision becomes blurry and I couldn't feel anything at all. "I...I can...can't see." Mamrie and Hannah realise what was happening and they lie me down on the sofa. Hannah brings my legs together and closer to my chest, I was in the feutus position. Mamrie runs off and grabs my old, worn out teddy from my bedroom and placeses it next to me. My eyes grow heavy and finally close.

My eyes flutter open and I realise where I am. My teddy was tucked neatly under my arm. I slowly sit up and stretched. I flinch as I stand up, as I hit one of my bruises. I walk out into the hallway and smell pizza. I go into the kitchen and find Hannah and Mamrie making food.

"Hey Gracie. Feel better?"

"I feel okay."

"Come sit down and we will get some food in you."

"Now. We need to ask you something Grace. It's hard to say but we need to know."

"What?" I questioned as I sit down and Hannah puts some food on my plate. I take a bit and swallow it, it felt so good.

"What did you wash yourself with when you came home last night? Because we were tidying up the house to make it easier for you to function and we found the bleach and the flannel."

"I'm sorry," I cried as I put down my pizza and pulled down my sleeves that showed burn marks from the bleach.

"It's alright baby, I know you just wanted to get every last peice of that man off you. Can we have a little look?" Marnie asked, as she reached over to me. I nod my head slowly and let Mamrie and Hannah reveal my burns. They trace their fingers over the burns which causes me to wince a little.

"Gracie."

"Yeah?"

"We are going to take you to the hospital. They look infected and we need to get them looked at."

"NO! They are going to think it was self-harm it wasn't."

"No...I know. We will just tell them that you spilt bleach over your arms while cleaning and you need them checked out."

"Ok. Promise that is going to be the story?"

"Promise. Come one, let's get you upstairs and get some decent clothes on."Hannah smiled as she held my hand and lead me upstairs. She picks out some dungarees and a long sleeve t-shirt to put underneath it. I put on the clothes and then put on some shoes.

"I'll drive you." Mamrie smiled as she let me sit in the passenger seat and Hannah sat at the back. I strap my seatbelt and soon we were on our way. We reach the hospital and I slowly get out. Mamrie and Hannah both had one hand of mine each. We walk into the ER and make an appointment. We sit in the waiting room for what feels like hours.

"Grace Helbig?"

"That's me." I sighed as Mamrie and Hannah help me into the room. I sit down beside the doctor and Mamrie and Hannah sit beside me.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"I..um...spilt some bleach on my arms yesterday while cleaning." I lied as I pull up my sleeves, to reveal the red burn marks.

"Oh..ok. Do they hurt?"

"Yeah a lot."

"Ok. We need to give you some antibiotics to stop an infection and we need to bandage them up. They aren't as bad as I hoped, so they shouldn't scar. So if you come here I'll bandage them up." She smiled as I followed her into the room and she told me to take my top off and she bandaged my burns up.

"I see that it isn't just on your arms? Is this deliberate?" She sighed as she sees some burns on my chest.

"No. Must has got some down my top." I smiled as  I clothed my naked top half then followed her back to Mamrie and Hannah.

"Come back in three days to either get the bandages changed or take off completely. It just all depends. And here is your prescription." She said as she handed me the piece of paper and lead me out of the room. Mamrie, Hannah and I all head off to the pharmacy and grab my antibiotics. We get back into the car and then I shove two pills down my throat without water. I had gotten used to taking pills without water, as I took pills everyday for my anxiety.

"Thanks for taking me." I sighed as I put the box in my bag.

"That's ok babe." Hannah smiled.

"Anytime." Mamrie added.

"Can I just go home now. I want to be in my own bed." I said as I put my bag on the floor.

"Of course your highness." Mamrie laughed as she started up the car and drove off to my house.