Chapter 14

My eyes flutter open, the bright lights of the sterilised hospital makes my eyes water. I blink a couple more times to adjust to my surroundings, that's when I realise that my stomach had deflated a little. That's when it hit me that Eli, Elliott and Evan were born. I panic and hit the emergency button many times before the midwives come rushing in.

"Where are they? Is Eli ok...please tell me he is ok." I cried as I try to rip the iv from my hand.

"Wait...Grace. Wait, let's put the iv back in and then I will wheel you to NICU and you can see your sons." The midwife said as she puts the iv back in and helps me back into the wheelchair. It takes a few minutes before we reached NICU. The whole time I was wondering, hoping that Eli had made it. The midwives help me to clean my open skin as if not the babies are prone to get infections easier. I look through the freshly cleaned window to see Chester sitting on a rocking chair, holding one of the triplets on his Chest. It looked like he was singing to him. I look around to see only two of my babies were in there. Was Eli still alive? Was it one of the other triplets who didn't make it? Was Elliott still alive? Was Evan still alive? My train of thought gets broken by the midwives wheeling me into the room. 

"Grace, you're awake. I haven't left their side once." Chester explained.

"Thank you...who do we have here?" I smiled, as I look down at one of my triplets.

"Say hello to your mommy, Evan," Chester said, as he moved Evan's hand in a waving motion.

"Hey, baby...then this here must be Elliott." I grinned as I put my hand into the incubator and stroking his small, soft set of hair. 

"Would you like to hold him?" A midwife asked as she started to get him out of the incubator.

"Yes please," I said as I sat back down in the wheelchair, undo my top and have my first skin to skin moment with my newborn son Elliott.

"Chester?"

"Yeah honey?"

"Did Eli make it?"

Author Note-

This is all you are going to be getting this week due to me having mock exams as school wants to make me work extra hard when I have NO MOTIVATION WHATSOEVER because it is the end of the school year. Back next week with more updates, (might be able to finish the story)