«Chapter 6»

Ashton
I stay curled up in the corner, trying to think of a way to get out of here, preferably before Luke came back and 'dealt' with me. I knew that wouldn't happen but I still dreamed.

I shivered as my back hit the cold wall. I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around my legs, rocking back and forth to comfort myself.

I know it had only been a few days? But I still missed my family. What if I never saw them again? What if they think I'm dead and give up on me?

All I could imagine was my mum holding my little brother and sister as they cried for me to come home.

I squeezed my eyes shut tight and sniffled. I needed to get out of here. If not for me, well for my family as well.

I jumped up when the door opened and quickly scurried over to the corner farthest from the door.

"Ashton?" Someone whispered and I let out a breath when I realized it was just Calum.

"Calum?" I called back shakily. The stairs creaked as Calum came down them, stopping on the last step to look behind him quickly.

"Yeah it's me." He said and I quickly ran to him.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked because he didn't have anything in his hands.

"I just needed to warn you, because I wish someone was there to warn me when I first got here."

I took a deep breath, letting it out shakily. So Calum was like me, he was taken from his life by those monsters upstairs.

"Warn me about w-what?" I asked and he bit his lip.

"Don't be scared, okay? When Luke comes down to punish you don't yell or fight him. It only makes it worse if you make noise so be as quiet as possible." His eyes started to water as I stayed silent, trying to take the information in. Don't yell? What the hell was he going to do to me?

"Got it?" He asked almost desperately and I nodded slowly.

I didn't realize I was shaking until he pulled me into his arms.

"It's going to be okay, if you listen then it will all be over quickly." He mutters into my hair.

I grip his shirt tightly and have to choke back a sob at his next words.

"And, dear god, don't fight back."

"What's he going to do to me?" I ask quietly and Calum stiffens.

"He's going to hurt you, a lot but you can't show him that it hurts, okay? That's what keeps him going." I only nod mutely.

When he lets go of me, I quickly whine in protest and grab for him again. I just needed someone, anyone to hold me right now.

I was weak, I missed my family and I just wanted to go home.

"Why don't you just leave this place?" I ask weakly and Calum pulls away to gently wipe my tears away with a small smile.

"Because I can't." He says sadly.

"But what about your family? Don't you miss them?" I ask desperately and he nods slowly.

"Everyday." He mutters.

"Then why don't you leave? Why don't you go back to them?"

"Because I love him." Is the only thing Calum whispers before he quickly turns around.

"Everything is going to be okay, just don't let him see that you've been crying." He says before quickly going up the stairs and closing the door behind him quietly.

I stare at the door for a few minutes in shock before I snap back to my senses and manage to crawl back into the corner. I hold myself again and rock back and forth as I wait for the inevitable.

But I can't help but scream out in my jumbled up mind.

Love? He fucking loves him?