«Chapter 11»

Ashton
I look behind me at the door before going over to the window, I try to open it but it won't budge.

As I look closer I can see why, it was nailed shut.

I look around the room, remembering that I had seen a medal ruler somewhere before.

When I find it I quickly run over to the window again, trying to pick at the wood and push the nails up.

I was tired, extremely so but I wasn't going to give up. I was going to keep fighting.

I freeze when the door opens and quickly throw the ruler across the room.

Calum walks in with a gentle smile, a towel and what looks like soap in the other hand. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I heard you got out." Calum says, an amused smile on his face.

"Yeah." I mumble and he raises an eyebrow.

"Well?"

"Well what?" I ask in confusion.

"How far did you get?" He asked excitedly and put the stuff down on the bed. I was confused as to why he seemed excited but shrugged, my eyes watering.

"To, like this gas station thing." I mutter and he gawks at me. "What?" I ask, wrapping my arms around myself.

"The gas station? Wow thats farther then I ever got." I gaped at him. He talked about it like he didn't really care anymore. "You know Luke isn't too happy about you getting out." He said and picked at the sheets on the bed.

"Well he's the stupid one who left the door unlocked." I murmured, shifting from foot to foot as Calum started laughing. Why the hell was he laughing?

"They didn't leave it unlocked." He said when he calmed down and I just stared at him for a second.

"But it was-" I started. He looked at the door before leaning closer to me to whisper.

"I unlocked it for you." I looked at him with wide eyes.

"W-what?"

"Please don't tell Michael." He murmured and played with his sweater paws.

"I-I promise." I murmured and he gave me a sad smile. He patted the towel and held his hand out for me to take the body wash. "Sorry about this." He murmured as I took it from him.

He got up and went to leave but I stopped him with a gentle hand. "Sorry for what?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Sorry for whatever Luke has planned for you." He shakes my hand off before quickly closing the door behind him.

I sigh shakily and look to the bathroom door, was I supposed to shower or something? There was still dirt matted into my hair and clothes, but I didn't want to risk getting in the shower and Luke finding me.

What if I wasn't supposed to shower and got punished? I shivered. Who cares?

I dropped the body wash on the bed and quickly looked around the room for the ruler again, going back to chipping away at the window until I heard footsteps on the stairs.

I shoved the ruler into a drawer and scrambled to sit in the corner. I watched as the door opened, this time Luke was there.

"Look at you princess." He tsked and walked over to me, crouching down to my level. "You're all dirty now, can't have that can we?" I looked away from him and he didn't like that very much.

He gripped my chin and turned my face to look at him. "Just remember that if you hadn't gotten all dirty earlier this wouldn't have to happen. Enjoy it while you can."