«Chapter 9»

Ashton
I pace around the room, searching through all the stuff to find anything that could help me.

My hands shake as I open the nightstand and find a pair of scissors. I brush my fingers over them lightly but quickly grab them when I hear footsteps on the stairs.

I stare at the door, not exactly knowing if I would be able to stab someone. But I manage to glare at the door, my heart beating rapidly as it opens.

I try to stop my hands from shaking but to no avail.

The door opens, Luke looking at me with a smile. When he sees me holding the scissors his smile turns into his signature smirk.

"And what do you plan on doing with those? Are you gonna stab me?" When I stayed silent he chuckled. "Go ahead princess, I'd love to see that."

"I will, I'll do it." I try to make it sound confident but it comes out shaky.

"Oh I'm sure you will. Go ahead." He says sarcastically and then he opens his arms. I raise the weapon up just slightly, my breathing picking up along with my heart. "Go on, I'm waiting."

I sigh and slowly lower them. I couldn't hurt anyone, not even him. That would make me a monster too.

"That's what I thought." He mutters but it looks like he lets out a little breath of relief.

"I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I thought you were strong, I mean you've proved it before. But I just gave you your out and you didn't take it." He walked towards me and I took a step back, glaring at him.

"Does that make you stupid? Or just really happy to stay with me?" My back hit the wall and I started to freak out when he got closer to me. He stopped when he was right in front of me. He didn't break eye contact as he slowly took the scissors from my hands.

"I gotta say I'm very glad you didn't though." He whispered and for a second I thought he was showing a little fear, that he was scared I would actually hurt him.

But then he chucked the scissors across the room and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder before I could react.

I winced in pain and hit his back. "I mean where would I be if I lost my princess?" I glared down at the floor and hit him again.

"Fuck off." I managed to say and he just laughed, lightly tapping my bum.

"Don't think that whole thing won't go unpunished." He whispered lowly to me when he set me down in a chair at the table. And just like that my courage was gone.

"Now what would you like for lunch?" He asked cheerily. What the fuck was going on?