«Chapter 10»

Ashton
I sat on the kitchen stool, my hands on my lap. I squeezed them together tightly to try and stop them from shaking. Luke sat across from me with a smile on his face, resting his arms on the counter.

"You want me to feed you? I think that would be quite cute, don't you?" I stayed silent, looking down at my hands and pushed the food away.

He didn't take my silence lightly. He leaned over and gripped my jaw, yanking my face up to look at him. "I'm talking to you, and when I say something I expect a reply, got it?" I gritted my teeth and stayed silent, thinking of my family. I would get out of here, for me and for them.

I squeeze my eyes closed tightly, taking a deep breath. I try to prepare myself for what I'm about to do but nothing really can. I open my eyes when his grip tightens and open my mouth. "You are a very angry person, you should chill out." Before he can do anything else I grab the orange juice and throw it at his face.

He yelps and covers his eyes as I jump up and run to the door again. You would think he would've locked it after what happened before but it opened easily.

I don't give myself a moment of relief, I wasn't safe yet. I ran towards the trees, as fast as I could. The twigs and rocks hurt my feet but I didn't slow down. I could hear a shout of anger behind me but I didn't look back.

I was still just in my boxers and I thanked the heavens that it wasn't cold out.

I pushed myself to run faster as I heard someone a little ways behind me. I didn't risk looking behind me but stopped as I came to a clearing. I ran around it just slightly, hiding behind a tree and trying to catch my breath.

I looked out slowly and saw Luke finally break through the clearing. He was looking around and I could tell he was very mad. That made me smile slightly, I had got him.

I turned around and started running again. I had been running for almost an hour when I finally broke through the trees. That's when I saw it. It was a road, and not only that but a small building, it looked like a gas station.

I put my hands on my knees and gasped for breath, smiling and then laughing in pure happiness. I did it.

I took a step forward but was yanked back. I screamed and thrashed around, watching the building disappear as I was dragged back into the trees.

"Damn Luke was right about you, you sure are a fighter." Michael grunted.

I only thrashed around more. "Let me go! No! Help! Someone help me!" I screamed as loud as I could. My throat hurt and my lungs felt like they were about to burst but I didn't let up. Michael covered my mouth with his hand and I cried out.

"I got him!" Michael said into his phone and I didn't even realize he had pulled it out. "We're right in front of that dumb store, yeah, okay, see you in 5."

"No!" I cried as he dragged me back.

I tried to get free, succeeding a few times but he always got a hold of me again. That is until Luke showed up. He was in his jeep and his face was neutral but I could see the fire in his eyes.

I was thrown in the back where Luke got in. He let Michael drive as he sat next to me. I started shaking as he put an arm around my shoulders, the other one rested on my leg.

I had dirt in my hair and scratches on my hands and knees from the struggle. My feet were sore and my throat was on fire. But none of that mattered because the look on Luke's face told me I had messed up big time.

He still had a wet patch on his shirt that would've made me smile in satisfaction if I wasn't shaking like a leaf.

Luke jumped out of the car and dragged me out before it was even stopped completely. He dragged me all the way back up to his room where he pushed me onto the floor. I suddenly had the urge to start spouting apologies, even though I wasn't sorry. Not one bit.

I bit my tongue and watched as he turned to me. Then he started yelling.

"God damn it Ashton! I feed you, I give you a bed and warm blankets! I'm nice to you and you still act like this!" He takes a step towards me and I scoot back as best I can. "Why can't you behave? Just accept the fact that you aren't leaving anytime soon. You should be happy I haven't killed you yet!" His words had me shaking more but I don't let him see that.

"I thought you liked the challenge Luke. Whats wrong? Can't handle it?" I regret the words as soon as they leave my mouth.

"You really want to make this difficult? I could kill you right now, cut up that pretty body of yours, use you as I please. I can do anything I want to you because I own you now." He kneeled down so we were face to face before he smiled. "So go ahead princess, keep misbehaving, see where it gets you."

I swallowed thickly and that made him smirk. "I own you." He repeated and gripped my jaw tightly, kissing me briefly before letting me go and getting up. "Don't forget it."

He slammed the door but I was frozen in place. My eyes still wide. I scrambled up and started pacing the room, trying to slow my breathing as I ran my hands through my hair.

I turned towards the window and bit my lip, thinking about all the things that just happened. I could see the dirt road outside and sighed. I was so close.

I turned around and started pacing again before I froze.

The window.