«Chapter 14»

Ashton
"It's going to be okay." Someone kept whispering to me. I opened my eyes and gasped, sitting up quickly.

"What happened?" I asked, looking around the now empty shop.

"You fainted, but I called the cops, they should be here soon. You're going to be okay." He handed me a water and I gladly chugged it down.

"That boy has gone too far this time." The shop owner mutters to himself, breaking the silence.

My eyes widened and I looked at him in shock. "W-what?" I ask shakily and he just shakes his head.

"Nothing, just make-" The door to the shop opening cuts him off. He looks up at the new customer but his face turns serious when he sees who it is.

"I think you have something of mine." Luke says with a smirk. I quickly shuffle behind a shelf and squeeze my eyes shut when I hear his voice. This can't be happening.

"Luke." The man says in a hard voice. "I thought I told you not to come back here again."

"And I thought you would know by now that I don't have to listen to you anymore." How did Luke know the shop owner? "Where is he?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit." There's a bang as someone slams their hands down on the counter, I cover my mouth to stop a sob from escaping. "Princess? Where are you? I was a little upset to come home to an empty bed but I promise if you come out now then I will...lesson your punishment."

There's silence as Luke waits for my reply, that I was in no way going to give him. I hear him walking closer and closer until he's right around the corner. I close my eyes and scream as I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Got you." Luke whispers in my ear, making me scream and flail around in his arms more.

Luke stops, putting me over his shoulder as the shop keeper steps in front of him.

"You leave that boy alone." He says firmly. Luke only rolls his eyes and scoffs, trying to push the older man out of his way.

"Now now, you know our little agreement. I won't tell on you, if you don't tell on me. Or do I have to remind you about how this used to be your job? You're the one who started all this, trained me, brought the blood lust out in me. I do what I want now, I don't have to listen to you anymore."

They both stared at each other intently, glaring until the older man finally stepped out of the way.

"That's what I thought." Luke muttered, pushing past him. I can see his car outside in the parking lot, making my tears fall faster and harder. I was so close to freedom. I could hear the distant sound of police sirens.

But then Luke stopped and turned to look at the man with a smirk. My breath was caught in my throat, my screaming and thrashing stopping at Luke's next words. I was just too shocked, though at this point I really shouldn't have been.

"See you around Dad."