«Chapter 13»

Here's your update!

Ashton
After breakfast Luke locked me back in the room, which was fine by me. I didn't want to be near him right now anyway, at least that's what I kept telling myself.

The moment I heard the click of the lock on the door, I immediately grabbed the medal ruler and went to work on chipping away at the window again. I had made considerable progress when the door opened suddenly, a couple hours later.

I jumped and chucked the ruler under the bed as Luke walked in the room with a small smile. He didn't seem to have seen what I was doing, as he only walked forward to grab my hand and kiss my knuckles lightly. I quickly pulled my hand away from his grip, my face turning a light red as I looked away, my heart beating out of my chest in what I told myself was fear.

"I'm going out for a bit, Michael and Calum will still be here. Behave." I only looked up at him and glared. He smiled wider before pulling me toward him and kissing the top of my head. "See you later princess."

The moment the door closed behind Luke I jumped up to find the ruler. I spent almost another hour destroying the window before I pushed it up, laughing in relief as it actually slid up.

I looked behind me anxiously, just waiting for the door to open and Luke or Michael to pull me back in the room. But as I stood there waiting for something to happen, it was completely silent.

I walked to the door, trying to open the door but it wouldn't open. Locked. Good.

I looked around the room, not finding anything useful to use. I ended up pushing the dresser in front of the door, slowly and quietly so they wouldn't hear it downstairs and come to check on me.

For good measure I locked the bathroom door and closed it, trying to open it and smiling in satisfaction when it didn't budge.

If-when they came to check on me and found the bathroom door locked they would waste time opening that only to be disappointed I had gotten away and wasn't there. It would save me time.

I took one last look around the room before slowly climbing out the window. I shivered as a breeze blew my hair back slightly. I was still only in boxers and one of Luke's shirts.

I looked over the edge of the small roof and took a deep breath before managing to crawl over to the edge. There wasn't anyway I could climb down, making me furrow my eyebrows in concentration. There was a small patch of grass below and that would just have to be enough to soften my fall.

I took a deep breath before I lowered myself over the edge, the only thing keeping me up was the vice like grip I had on the roof. I dangled there for a few seconds before taking one more deep breath to calm myself.

Then I let go and I was falling.

I landed awkwardly on my ankle and cried out, clutching it as I only allowed myself a minute before I managed to get onto my feet.

I hobbled to the backyard, towards the woods where I tried to escape to before. My plan was to make it back to the small gas station and make them call for help.

My heart was pounding the whole time I limped to my only savior. I tried running at one point but my ankle throbbed so much all I could manage was a slow jog.

I was just waiting for Luke to show up and drag me back to his house, to hit me for leaving.

But he didn't.

When I caught sight of the small gas station I started running as best I could again. I was gasping for air as I pushed the doors to the building open. The only person there was the guy at the counter and one other customer.

When they both caught sight of me, they rushed to help me. I sighed in relief, slumping against the man from the counter. I felt so drained, so tired.

But I smiled as the man pulled out his phone and dialed the cops. I made it. I could finally relax, finally breath properly.

I made it.