Chapter Seven - Human Trials✓

Please vote for the chapter!

The whole group hiked through the woods for a long time, Bellamy and Clarke following behind Octavia and Dakota

The whole group hiked through the woods for a long time, Bellamy and Clarke following behind Octavia and Dakota. The further they had gotten from Camp Jaha, the more Dakota noticed how Octavia's expression changed, the open vulnerability and grief. Octavia had filled Dakota on what happened after she left the fight with Lincoln, and Dakota promised that she would help her find Lincoln, no matter what it took. He was the reason Octavia was alive, after all.

The light around the group darkened, and Bellamy insisted that they set up camp for the night. Dakota had helped Octavia set up a small fire, something big to keep them all warm but small enough to not draw any unwanted attention.

Dakota turned around to look over at Octavia. "Sky girl turned Grounder." She teased as she placed some logs on the fire. "How do you get used to having the sword on your back? I feel like I'll slice my neck off every time I take it out."

Octavia let out a chuckle. "It just takes some time to practice. Lincoln helped me." Her voice became low at the thought of Lincoln.

Dakota frowned. "I'm sorry, O-"

Octavia shrugged the girl off, "Don't worry about it. Maybe I'll teach you some things Lincoln taught me."

"We could both be badass. Besides, their clothes are so much more fashionable." Dakota smirked as she gestured towards the jacket she had stolen from Mount Weather.

Octavia shook her head with a goofy grin on her face. "I still can't believe you have a thing for my brother." Octavia faked a look of disgust and Dakota shoved her lightly.

"Shut up, O."

The four of them talked strategy and made plans for every situation they could think of until eventually Octavia fell asleep, and then Clarke. Dakota sat next to Bellamy, staring into the fire as her mind thought of the last time she had seen Bellamy, and it was a miracle that she had made it back from Mount Weather. If it wasn't for Clarke, she probably still would've been in there with Monty and Jasper.

She felt Bellamy's eyes on her and she smiled slightly. "You know, it's rude to stare at people." She said as she glanced over at him.

Bellamy was smiling at her. The flickering light of the fire made his cheek bones and jaw appear as sharp as her sword, and the injuries on his face appeared darker and more prominent. Suddenly, his features darken as his eyes lifted from her, and into the dark forest in front of us.

Her amused expression turned quizzical as she stared at him. "What's wrong?" Dakota asked.

"Nothing, it's just.." He trailed off, trying to find the words. "The last time I saw you, you were being held back as the dropship doors closed, and then Finn and I came back to find the drop ship empty.. I can't describe how I felt."

"Everything has gotten so crazy." She commented, taking a moment to glance at Octavia and Clarke. "I thought you were dead, Bellamy. When those doors opened, and I saw all the burnt bodies.. I thought for sure one of those were yours." Dakota whispered as she leaned her head on Bellamy's shoulder as his hand started to play with her fingers.