Chapter Thirteen - Spacewalker

"You taught me the courage of stars before you left. How light carries on endlessly, even after death."

Sleeping At Last - Saturn

_________________

"Finn." I called out, earning Clarke and Finn to both turn around at the sound of my voice.  I walked up to them, "We're leaving." I said in a low tone.

"What?" Clarke asked, confused.

"We have to get him out of here, Clarke."

"Where would we go?"

I grabbed Finn's arm, "Come on." I practically dragged him along with me so we could all start moving. "We're taking him to the drop ship, Clarke."

"No! You know that this is the safest place for him right now-"

"They're turning on him, Clarke! If we get out now, we can buy some time at the drop ship so we can figure out a plan to get him the hell away from here. Bellamy is already grabbing our gear and I suggest you do the same. We'll meet at Raven's gate in five, she's cutting the power again and if you're not there, I'm leaving without you."

Finn stopped in the middle of the crowded hallway. "Okay, but nobody's coming with me."

I turned around sharply. "You don't get that choice, Spacewalker. It's the way it has to be."

"We are surrounded by Grounders!" Clarke stepped in before Finn could reply.

"We split up and take the low ground like we usually do. Then we'll meet at the drop ship and come up with a strategy to get the target off his back."

"There he is!" Someone shouted from behind me, and all three of us turned to see who's voice it was.

The man from the crowd earlier had stepped up with a look of disgust on his face. An entire band of older men stepped forward behind him as if to provide support. The man pointed at Finn accusingly. "You are gonna get us killed-!"

The man moved to strike, but before he could, I took two steps and used my elbow to knock the man back. The man stumbled while holding his nose as crimson dripped down his hand.

"Back off or you're gonna get killed." I sneered as the man widened his eyes at the blood that came form his nostrils and I glanced over the other followers. "Anyone wanna be next?" I yelled out and I shook my head out of annoyance as I turned back around to face Finn and Clarke.

"Alright." I said breathlessly. "You and I are going to the dropship. This way I can keep you from getting stabbed in the back before I even get you there."

Clarke's breath shook as she turned around at Finn, "She's right. We have to go." She said quietly.

Clarke pushed on Finn's shoulder guiding him forwards as I followed behind them, covering their backs. We made it past the fence and Clarke, Bellamy, and Raven had all split up and though Bellamy tried to convince that I should be split from Finn too, I protested his idea. Finn and I walked through the forest, while I kept my sword hot. I saw Finn glance at me a few times with a troubled look on his face.

"You're putting an awful lot of effort into this." Finn muttered from beside me.

I smiled slightly, but never turned my head. "Remember the first day we came down here, and you were being an idiot with your seat belt off while we were landing. I saved your life."

Finn cracked a small smile at the memory. "I wouldn't forget that, Bambi." Finn paused for a second, looking down at the ground. "I've noticed that you put your own life in front of others, why is that?"