(3) {Revised}

Jasper's POV
~AGE: 9~

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy! Look!" I cried as I saw the new Triple Chocolate Ice cream flavour at CoCo's Creamery and rapidly prodded the glass for extreme emphasis.

Mmm! I love chocolate! It's the bestest type in the whole wide world!

"Can I get some?" I pleaded, scrunching my face into a pout that I knew mommy wouldn't say no to me it I wore it because she thinks I'm cute.

Mommy's giggles made her head tremble, sending her pretty black ringlets bouncing like a spring. My Mommy's the prettiest girl in the world.

I felt my face scrunch up. Most girls have cooties! Especially Mindy Lars, a girl in my class who kissed Tyrell Carse on Valentines day and gave him cooties. He didn't get to play kickball for a whole week because Harry Warren said he was contagious!

"Of course baby! Let's just wait for your Daddy to get here, I bet he'll like the chocolate one too."

"Okay," I grumbled sulkily. I crossed my arms over my Avengers shirt and slumped over to the bench with my mum following close behind.

As I sat, I studied the surroundings. Colourful splots of vivid colours were scattered every where whether it be through the jars of candy, cookies and other delicious treats or the pictures of various fairy tale scenes,

I began to follow the one of Snow White, my eyes flitting through the pictures and placing them in order and adding my own mental dialog.

When that was over, I didn't bother reading the others because they only have prissy princes and no hunter-men. Instead, I tried to remember where mommy said daddy went by replaying possible clues from the last week.

Daddy was somewhere and I wasn't aloud to know because they said it was a surprise. Before he went, he dropped us off park where mum and I played frisbee and basketball.

After what seemed like forever, I saw Daddy's car pull up to the shop through the window. When he got out, he checked the back seat then went to my door and opened it.

He fiddled around for a few moments then pulled a blue and silver gift bag with red tissue sticking out of the top from the seat.m

He then made his way towards us and when he saw us, he waved with a big smile on his face.

Daddy's hair reminded me of salt and pepper and his blue eyes of sapphires.

The bell over the door tinged when he stepped in.

"Hello, Jewel," he greeted Mum and then kissed her on the lips.

"Ew! Mommy, Daddy! Your sharing germs!" I cringed. Mommy said to never touch people lips 'cause you get sick.

Daddy chuckled. "Baby boy, someday, you're going to find someone who your going to want to kiss all the time."

"That's disgusting!"

"But it's true, J-Man."

After that, we all got ice cream and sat back down where I was handed the pretty surprise.

"Oh!" I grinned as I ripped at the tissue to reveal a new, shiny iPod! "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"You're welcome Angel." Mum said as I reached over and kissed them on the cheeks.

"Jazzy, how 'bout we-" he was cut off by the sound of his cell phone ringing. He looked at the number and he paled.

"Patrick, what's wrong?" Mum asked with worry in her eyes.

I gazed at them in confusion. Mommy and Daddy never looked like this, no matter what happened.

Dad showed her the number and she paled.

"Pat, why are they-" Mum started but dad quickly answered his phone by swiping his thumb over the bottom of the screen.

"Hello, you've reached Patrick Moore," daddy said shakily.

On the other line, the sound off someone's booming voice visibly made the air quiver. The only words I heard were bad words I was not supposed to say because there really impolite. Well if that's true, the man on the other side of the phone was really rude.

"No, the deal was-" dad paused and the man continued his rant until daddy took in a very big, deep breath and then said, "No, Mr. Darrell the deal was eighteen. That is the only way you're going to get what you want. I will open the line between us until the twentieth, no later, no sooner."

The yelling increased, until dad simply ended the conversation by saying, "thank you for the call and I'll talk to when I'm not otherwise engaged with my family."

With that, daddy clicked the phone off and threw it roughly on the table. All was silent for a second until dad plastered a smile on his face and said, "Want to go see the new Spiderman movie, Jazzy?"

And of course, I answered with a grin and a squeal.

***

"So what was your favourite part?" Mommy asked as we drove through the darkness of the night. The smooth paved road occasionally had a bump in it causing the car to shudder. Moonlight streamed through the sunroof and a Sirius station hummed in the background.

From my spot behind the drivers seat, I began to ramble about the parts in the movie that stood out to me, like Peter being bitten by the spider and how I would love to have a genetic mutation of some sorts. Then I began to list the best types of genetic mutations, in my opinion, starting with bats, then spiders, then hornets followed by tigers and panthers.

By the time I was done, mum and dad were calmly sitting in the front of the car with happy, satisfied smiles on their faces.

The calming music and dim light began to take affect on me and I yawned and thanked my amazing parents for the best day ever.

Suddenly, a set of headlights appeared right in front of us. There was only seconds between seeing them and our collision.

The car jerked forward to a stop with the force of hitting a wall of cement and brick, the seatbelt cutting into my neck as I banged my forehead off the side of the car. I felt warm liquid run down my cheek as a pounding pain throbbed in my head and sharp pains shot through my neck.

The airbags deployed with a whoosh, hitting my mom in the face.

My vision began to tunnel and just before darkness claimed me, I saw my mom's head roll towards me with the side of her neck snapped.

My mom died on impact, not from the collision itself but from the airbags hitting her at the wrong direction.

My dad died later in the ambulance on the way to the hospital from internal bleeding from where his broken ribs punctured his lung.

I on the other hand, survived with only minimal injuries like a broken arm, leg and rib along with a fractured wrist from where I tried to brace my self on the seat in front of me.

When I got out of the hospital, aunt Lena and uncle Greg were there to pick me up. They wouldn't give me my pain medication because they said I didn't deserve it. Each night at six, they'd lock me in my room and tell me over and over that I should have died instead of my parents.

And that, is the moment my life went to shit.