(35) NEW: NOVEMBER 1

Jasper's POV

"Oh! Grab twelve boxes of those rice crispy treats!" Kira said as we strolled through the grocery stores aisle. Currently in snack heaven, my mouth began to water at the oddest of things... well maybe not because who doesn't like like pretzels in nutella?

Slowly, I grabbed the desired items, careful not to drop them but just as I managed to balance the ninth box, a terrible sensation overwhelmed me. Nausea toiled in my stomach, turning itself upside down. 

I didn't stand a damn chance.

I made it not one step before everything in my poor stomach made an acidic reappearance. Right there, in the middle of the snack aisle, I vomited. My body retched and coiled to regurgitate the offensive substances and it wasn't until I was weak that I managed to collect myself, mortification burning my cheeks.

And then it got worse. One of the stock boys came darting down the way, most likely thinking I was dying but as he rounded the corner, his foot barley missed a free pass and landed flat in my... chunky substance.

He landed flat on his back, in my mess. His face contorted into one of horror as the warmth set in through his clothes. "Goddam! I need a new job!"   

Three sets of hands grabbed at me as Kira swept the corner of her scarf over my pale lips and the intercom in the store came alive requesting clean up in aisle five.

Oh my gosh, how embarrassing! 

*** 

"What do you mean he got close enough to slip? How was he that close to Jasper? This is exactly why I refuse to allow him out with you! My Mate, your Luna, the holder of your future Alpha could have been assaulted!" The angry voice of my protective mate echoed over the phone.

"Beau... He slipped in vomit... He probably wasn't a trained assassin... Not to mention he was, like, 12," Kira deadpanned as she steered us into the pack territory. The car shook as we hit the gravel roads.  

I looked into the trees as we approached home. The emerald pines flashed by in a blur but as I looked closer, I could vaguely make out the running forms of at least nine wolves running close to the car.

"Hey Jas? How are you feeling now?"

"Good..." I whispered in mortification, twiddling my thumbs in my lap.

"You realize that was the first appearance of the jellybeans, right?" Tyler grinned. He turned in his seat to face me head on. "I feel like a proud parent!" He jumped and turned forward in his seat. "This is the best, you know? My best friend's having a kid and therefore I am having a kid. I just don't need to change diapers or clean mucus. I just get the fun stuff!"

"I have mo-morning sickness? Already? I-I'm only five weeks..."

"But you have Alpha spawn in that cave so they are a driven lil' hellion who wants out to conquer this world."

"Oh look! A welcoming committee!"Landon mocked as we neared the porch where Beau stood, shirtless in all his glory with a sexy, angry glare on his face. I bit my lip at the promiscuous images that surfaced in my mind as a tightness settled in my trousers.

The car hadn't come to a complete stop before Beau was ripping the door open to stuff his face in my neck. His scruff sent delicious tingles down my body as the rough sensations aroused me further.

And then he tipped me over the point of no return as a possessive growl sounded deep in his throat, a place that I really wanted to be. 

"Whoa," Landon mused. "That's some strong shit, right there..."

The growl became less possessive and more aggressive as I was scooped into the arms of my perfect mate, his tight grip encasing me in protection.

And he didn't release me from that grip all night long.