06

I woke up due to the loud ring of my alarm which was next to my ear and for a moment there, I thought I was going to go deaf. I rubbed my ear gently and took a glance at my phone.

'Mingyu Day ♡'

It was only two minutes before 12am so I hurried and dialed Mingyu's number. It took him so long to pick up that it was almost 12.

"Oh, wae?" He answered, his voice husky and he sounded like he was still half-asleep.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MINGYU-YA!" I greeted him with all my energy, which isn't much, just too sound cheerful.

"Oh? It's already 12am?"

"See you tomorrow, baby." I hung up and buried my face into the cold pillow, going back to dreamland.

"And the thing is, mom and dad said they needed to go to Busan for emergency purposes and they'll be back tomorrow instead!" Mingyu ranted and I could hear him sigh through the phone.

"So you're having the house to yourself then?" I asked as I stood infront of his house, which he didn't know I was.

"Exactly but what's the use when I'm alone here? Well, at least they're coming back tomorrow. I had seaweed soup and cake this morning and they went to the airport afterwards."

"At least you guys celebrated, right?"

"Yeah, but still." Mingyu whined. Gosh, he totally is a mama's boy.

I walked to his doorstep and rang the bell. I looked at the camera and waved at it, just to make Mingyu surprised.

"Wait a second, someone's ringing the b-"

"YAH!" I heard him scream in an excited tone and he immediately hung up.

"Surprise?" I giggled at his expression. He was all smiles and he still looked surprised by what's going on.

"You could've told me you were coming." Mingyu smiled and took me inside.

"I brought you seaweed soup although I know you already had some."

"And a cake."

I took out the cake and searched for the lighter in my bag that I bought at the convenient store just to light up the candles. I placed two candles on the cake and lit them up. The smile on Mingyu's face didn't leave.

"Can you please sing a birthday song for me?" Mingyu asked but in an excited, happy tone. I was in the same mood and nodded my head.

"Happy birthday to you." I ended the song and motioned him to blow the candles and he did.

"Gomawo, Hana-ya." He chuckled. I placed the cake down and the table and gave him a tight hug, taking in his scent.

"Shall we blow the candles again?" I asked as I giggled, still in his embrace.

"Why?"

"I forgot to take a photo of you."

"Happy birthday, Mingyu!" I ended up singing another birthday song for him and I made sure to record and take pictures of him.