11

"Thanks, Hana." Hansol thanked me as I placed the cup of tea infront of him.

"Make yourself comfortable, dear. I'll let you two talk." Mom smiled and left the two of us in the living room.

I sat next to Hansol and looked at him, ready to hear the story he was about to tell. Hansol let out a heavy sigh and turned his angle of sitting a bit so he was facing me.

"She was my bestfriend. She was my senior but we were friends. It was when I saw her alone at the park when I was like ten or twelve. We grew up together and she became my bestfriend. Little did I know, I felt something for her but I didn't know how to confess to her yet. Until,"

"Until?"

"Until when I was 18, she was 21 and I decided to tell her my feelings for her despite her being 3 years older. I brought her to dinner, got her flowers and all and I finally confessed. Surprisingly, she felt the same way but she said she needs time to think about it and I was cool with it. At least, I don't have to worry that she doesn't feel the way."

"Then, a few months after, I saw her going out with a guy. I kept quiet and all, waiting for her to tell me about him but she didn't. She acted like normal when we were hanging out. Then I realised she's been quite distant, she told me she's busy blabla so I finally had the guts to question her about it. Finally, she told me she was in a relationship. They've been going out for a month."

That guy... it was probably Mingyu.

"I was so heartbroken, she gave me so much hope and man, I ignored her completely afterwards. Then a year after, she got engaged and that's it. I never wanted to know about her anymore."

So, the boyfriend really is Kim Mingyu.

"So, she's Mingyu's ex girlfriend?" Hansol asked and I slowly nodded my head.

"Ah, I see. I don't blame him, I bet he doesn't know anything about this."

"I'm sorry you had to go through this, Hansol."

"Gwenchana (It's okay). Funny how our crushes dated each other. It's a small world indeed."

"At least you're dating your first ever crush now." Hansol let out a small smile.

"Do you still like her?" I asked and Hansol sighed heavily. He only shrug a bit and I nod my head again. I'm pretty sure it was hard for him to tell me all of this.

"I think I should go now, it's getting pretty late."

"Okay. Get some rest, yeah?" I smiled and gently patted his hand that's resting on his thigh.

I woke up a bit earlier than usual that morning to help mom make breakfast. All of us sat down at our usual spots on time. We had waffles and pancakes and croissants for breakfast served with syrup, strawberry jam, peanut butter and Nutella.

"You two always make breakfast like we have 6 people in the house." Dad said, spreading peanut butter on his waffles.

"But you can finish all of them." Mom winked at dad and gave me a high five.

"Stop ganging up on me!"

And all three of us laugh.