08

I woke up feeling all weak from head to toe. My head was felt like it was spinning and it hurts. I groaned and reached for my phone to see what time it was.

7.03 pm

Wait what? That was fast. It was almost time for dinner.

I took a quick hot shower to relax myself before heading down for dinner. I legit slept for almost five hours.

I looked at my desk and saw two empty cups. Oh right, I drank two americanos earlier. Was I really that upset?

"Eomma, do you need some help?" I asked once I arrived in the kitchen.

"You didn't got out from your room the whole day. Are you okay?" Mom questioned, placing her hands on my cheeks then to my forehead.

"I somehow fell asleep and my head hurts." I told as I took a glass and poured in cold water.

"Are you okay? There're some painkillers in the cupboard." Mom asked as she caressed my hair softly. Ah, treated like a baby again.

"You have a guest, darling." Mom informed out of the blue, a smile crept her lips.

"A guest? Who?"

"The guest has been waiting since just now. Good thing we have your father to entertain him. Ah, he will also join us for dinner." Mom giggled, stirring the spaghetti sauce in the pot.

I went down to the basement aka a place where my dad prepared for pool game, classic movie watching from the 1980s and so on. Some people might picture that basements are filthy, dusty and all but not our basement. Dad liked the basement and treasured it well like how he treasures the whole house.

"Appa, I-" I went down the flight of stairs and realised who the guest was.

He was ready to shoot the ball into the whole with his cue stick. He was so focused, so determined to shoot the ball into the hole with his own posture. He shut his left eye and focused once more. At a point he pushed the cue stick forward and he shoots in the hole.

"I lost again." Dad groaned but he immediately showed a smile and patted his back.

"Oh, Hana." Dad saw me at the stairs. I probably looked so surprised by now.

"Go up now, son. I'm going to help my wife." Dad nudged as he winked at him which made the two men chuckle.

"I miss you." He approached me and held both of my hands into his.

"Yeah and you didn't answer my calls, Mingyu."

"Before anything, let me ask you. Where were you the whole morning and afternoon?" I questioned in a quite loud tone which made him quite startled.

"I-I was with a friend."

"Yoon eonni?"

"Well, yeah and-"

"Why didn't you tell me? I waited for you the whole day. I waited for your calls, text messages. None! How could you do this to me?"

"Hana, listen please."

"You promised last time that you'll tell me everything and there will be no secrets between us."