13

Mingyu went home early from work today because he needed to attend a last minute meeting. I wasn't greeted by his everyday, "are you ready to go home?"

7.56pm

Well, it's time to head home.

I placed in all my files and notes in my bag, left some files for me to read tomorrow. But then, I saw a small heart-shaped sticky note on the edge of my table. Is this Mingyu's doing?

Let's meet at the cafe outside after I get back home
- Mingyu

My lips curved into a smile. When did he had this sticky note? When did he stick it here? He went out quite early in the afternoon and I was here most of the time today.

Come to think of it, Mingyu would do that. That's totally Mingyu. But it's just not how he would usually write. He'd usually write Lots love, your handsome boyfriend ♡ or from your favorite man in the whole wide world ♡

He must've written it down in a hurry since he was already quite late for the meeting. He should've been back by now. I smiled and my heart raced like how it felt back when my parents and I are on our way to see Mingyu and his parents for dinner. Mingyu and I have been dating for almost a year. To be precise, less than two months will be our first year together.

"Secretary Lee, I'm going home now. Have a good night." I told her before heading to the lift like always.

"Goodnight, Ms Kim."

I entered the lift and suddenly I got excited and a bit nervous like seeing Mingyu for the first time after awhile. Gah, I miss him so much although it has only been hours.

Ground floor

I walked out from the lobby but to my surprise, someone suddenly pulled me and covered my mouth, making me unable to scream out loud or breath properly.

I tried biting, flinching, kicking until the person lets me go but failed miserably. I was in the verge of crying. I was terrified at what might happened, I didn't expect this.

I couldn't think properly so I started crying, screaming as much as I could though my mouth was covered. Soon, I felt my eyelids getting heavier but I fought it. No matter how much I tried, I failed and suddenly everything went black.

Wen Junhui

"I'm sorry for how I acted the other night. I'm infront the apartment cause I saw your car."

"O-oh, Jun-ah." She opened the door of her apartment, smiling.

"Forgive me?" I held the bouquet of roses infront of her which made her smile.

"Gomawo."

"Can I come in?" I asked, peeking in to see if anyone was in the apartment but there was no one.

"Let's go to the restaurant downstairs. I-I wanna have dinner."

"Let's just stay here. Ah, I haven't been to this apartment for so long. Have you been staying here?"

"Oh? Y-yeah for a little while.."

I looked at her and she was picking her finger hard, she looked nervous and it was way too obvious with her stuttering. I looked at her a little bit longer until she realises and waited for her reaction but she just let out a forced smile. Is she hiding something from me?