10

Stacey p.o.v

I've been stressed out ever since promise told me she not talking anymore.

It's been hard and I'm trying to understand why she won't talk to me I just want her to know that I'm here for her.

Today I'm taking her to the doctor because I need answer and she not giving them to me.

I decided that we are finishing our classes on line because we have bigger responsibilities right now and school will get in the way.

I enrolled James and Jayla to the schools closer to my apartment because I don't trust them going to the same school knowing my momma can just pop up and take them when ever she wanted to.

I'm also thinking about buying a house because this small apartment not cutting it for the 5 of us.

"Promise I'm taking you to the doctor because I need to know the cause behind all of this shit and to know your own sister is worried about you and you know it is ridiculous."

She rolled her eyes and walked away but I don't give a fuck it's already settled.

We got to the doctor office and we sitting waiting for the doctor to call her name.

"I don't see the purpose of us being here " she wrote down on her pad. " you see( I pointed towards the note pad ) this is why we here y-" before I could get the rest of my rant out we heard promise name being called.

"So what seems to be the problem today ?" The doctor questioned.

"Well honestly doc I don't know she stoped talking about a month go and she is also listless, doesn't engage in activities that she normally has before , she doesn't eat or sleep well, and seems distressed when she has to leave the house. Actually today is the first time in a month she wrote something down to respond to me , I don't understand it ." I said defeated because I just don't know what to do anymore.

"With situations like this I normally send my patients to see a specialist because her disorder could be more serious then what we think." Dr. Moore stated

"So her not speaking is a disorder ? ...No it can't be....she just don't wanna talk right doc ?" I panicked

"I'm afraid not ma'am this could be permanent but I'm not a specialist for this type of issue so I can't say but what I can do is refer you to a psychological trauma Specialist because something traumatic could have happened to cause ms promise here to mute."

The doctor referred us to this specialist and we left I just couldn't rap my head around this shit.

The car ride back home was silent of course.

Promise pov

I feel bad that Stacey is going through all of this when it's just a choice I somewhat made to not speak.

I sat in the seat just looking at Stacey. Im guessing she felt my stare because she glanced over before looking back at the road.

"What?" She asked with a little attitude.

I shook my head as if to say nothing.

She sighed.

"C'mon Promise. I know you can talk." She pressed

Yeah she right, I can Im just afraid.

I looked down at my lap making her sigh and get out the car. She went inside the house and I followed in her footsteps.

I know I need to do better with my communication with my sister because I don't want her to feel like I'm pushing her away but that's not the case I'm just trying to keep her safe.

Stacey left to go pick the kids up while I just stayed in the house , I hate when I have to leave it's so....stressful.

I heard a light knock on my door and I knew it was vanni.

I opened the door and to my surprise it was Jayla. I stepped aside and let her in before shutting the door.

"I know we don't really know each other but I'm here for you if you ever wanna talk about anything and I mean anything and I know I'm only 15 but I'm a great listener." She proclaim

I nodded and she gave me a hug which took me by surprise again. I patted her back.

I got ready to say something but I just closed my mouth going against it. We pulled back from the hug and she sat on my bed. I looked at her before sitting in my desk chair.

"Stacey's not back yet." She begin talking again

I nodded.

"Do you like her?" She questioned

I looked up and quickly shook my head no.

Stud on stud is still nasty to me. Isn't it like a gay girl being with a straight dude?

"Are you sure cause I see how you be looking at her and more importantly, how she be looking at you." She grinned eagerly waiting on my response.

I mentally laughed at this girl. She's kind of funny. I shook my head.

"Oh come on, Promise. I won't tell her." She pressed

I mentally rolled my eyes, this girl is a trip boi.

I shook my head again.

"Well I can totally see y'all together"

I can see it to. That fine pie- shut up Promise. I mentally grinned

"Just Like I can see me and ja-" she spoke low and more to herself but before she could finish her sentence the front door opened and slammed closed so hard that it shook my room.

What the hell ?

I looked at Jayla, she must read my face because she shrugged her shoulders as if she didn't know.

I rushed out the door into the living to see a red face Stacey pacing the floor and a scared vanni sitting quietly on the couch.

Stacey looked at me and shook her head before looking back at vanni.

"Go ahead Giovanni tell her" vanni looked up at me with pleading eyes but kept her mouth shut.

"Well let me do the honors your sister teacher saids vanni has been having attitudes with her these last few weeks and told a little girl if she don't stop playing with her hair she gonna cut it off, what has gotten into her" Stacey ranted

I looked at vanni in disbelief she has never acted like this before Stacey is right what has gotten into her.

I pointed to the back and vanni already knew she was in trouble.

She got up and apologized before walking to the back.

"We not the ones you need to be apologizing to, and you will be apologizing to your teacher and the little girl at school tomorrow." Stacey called out before vanni got into the room.

"Yes ma'am" vanni saids back to her before entering the room.

I felt Stacey looking at me so I look up at her and she just chuckled and shook her head.

"You can't even discipline your sister " was the last thing she said to me before storming off to her room.
********************************
Thanks to QveenCammy for co-writing this chapter I love her sooooo much for it, she was a big help and you guys should go check out her books their really good and thanks you guys for waiting patiently for an update much love 💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

As always thanks for reading 💋