11

Stacey P.O.V

After I stormed off to my room I felt bad that I yelled at vanni like that so I called her in my room to talk to her.

"Yes ma'am" she opened my door and stood. I waved here over but she hesitated." Come here princess I'm not gonna hurt you." I opened my arms and she ran into them.

"Look I'm sorry for yelling at you princess I just know that's not you , you don't act like that and i don't want other people thinking you are a out of control little girl because your not your my little princess and you need to act like it okay ? Do you forgive me ?" She hugged me and nodded her head.

"I'm sorry to bubba I feel like sissy don't love me anymore, do you still love me bubba and will you still play with me I promise I won't do it again and I'm gonna say sorry to ms.Jacobs and Annie tomorrow." She began to tear up.

"No..no baby girl don't cry, I still love you and I'm going to still play with you, you are still my little princess and sissy love you to she just going through some things right now but it's gonna get better and be like old times really soon, Okay ?" She nodded her head while saying "Okay".

It broke my heart to know that vanni feel like her own sister don't love her anymore and this not talking or mute or whatever the fuck you wanna identify it as problem that promise have has gotten out of hand but tomorrow we go see the specialist, I hope everything go well.

Promise pov

Today Stacey is taking me to go see a specialist, I really don't wanna live the house I just wanna lay in my bed and reminisce on my past but y'all know how extra Stacey is, she don't wanna drop the whole situation so now we in the waiting room filling out the little paper thingy.

I finish filling it out and I hand it back to the lady at the desk, before I knew it my name was called.

"Hey I'm Ms. king and I'm going to be your new specialist."

I nodded to let her know I was listening.

"Would you like for Ms.....Stacey to stay in the room while we talk ?she stop to let Stacey give her name before continuing.

Contemplated on what I wanted to do and I decided I would let her stay because I don't know this lady like that and it's not like she gonna get anything out of me so why not ?

I nodded again

Well first thing first I want to let you know Stacey what this disorder is, it's called PTSD Mutism, Living through an actual or perceived life and death experience, or being surrounded by the realities of violence and death, can bring on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Severe wartime experiences, for example, not only elicit anxiety and stress, they may induce fearful feelings that include flashbacks, hallucinations, and panic attacks. Other post-traumatic conditions include rape or other sexual abuse, severe emotional abuse, and living through devastating natural events, such as an earthquake, tsunami, typhoon, or hurricane.

I held my head low in shock that I actually have this disorder again and I know some of y'all like "just open your mouth and talk" or "she need to talk it's not that serious" but what y'all don't understand is it is serious , y'all don't know how it feels to get your most prize possession TOOK from you or how it feels to get beaten half to death or gotten kidnapped or even get sold to men for money from your own MOTHER, y'all don't know how it make me feel, well imma tell you.....it makes me feel like shit and a disgrace to this world, like nobody loves me.

I felt something wet hit my face, I lifted my hand up to my face and I realized I was crying. I hurried up and wiped off my face before it became the topic of discussion.

I felt Stacey starring at me but I didn't even care no more I just wanna die at this point....yea I think vanni will be better off without me, she already feel as if I don't love her...yea I overheard their conversation last night, Stacey and her get alone so well so she can stay with he-

"Promise sweetie?" I hear Ms.king call out to me out of my thoughts." I looked up to let her know I was listening to her.

Damn can't even finish my own thoughts 🙄

"How do you feel right now, being here?" She asked then she gave me a white board.

I looked at it and looked at her like she had two heads, if I don't talk to the people I live with how the hell she thought I was gonna talk to her?

I kicked the clip board on the floor and walked out the room.

"WHAT THE FUCK PROMISE BRING YOUR ASS BACK HERE GIRL" I heard Stacey yell after me but I kept walking to the car

Fuck this and fuck them..

Stacey pov

I don't know what the fuck is promise problem but that shit she just pulled was disrespectful as fuck.

"I'm so so so sorry Ms. king I don't know what has gotten into her like she stopped talking about 2 month ago and ever since then this is how she been acting, not talking at all , she never wanna leave the house , she don't even talk to her own sister which is 6 I don't get it." I shake my head .

"Well maybe you could help me, do you know anything that could have triggered her to go mute ?" She grabbed her note pad and pen.

I'm really thinking about the whole Cierra situation that probably caused her to go mute but do I really wanna tell the doctor that ? ....yea maybe she could help.

"Yea ma'am, like a month and a half ago me and promise was going to one of our friends party so that day we went to the mall and we end up getting into an argument, we went our separate ways about an hour later I found promise talking to this group of females and something didn't sit right with me about them and I told her but you thought I was jealous and didn't listen to me, later that day we got ready for the party and we left the house once we got to the party it was lit you know everybody partying and dancing but promise had to use the bathroom so that's where she went but I notice she was taking a little to long so I went to go check on her, moral to the story one of the girls from the group of girl kidnapped her and beat her and lord knows what else."

She nodded her head as she jotted down something on the note pad.

"Thank you so much Ms. Stacey that was a lot of help,we will pick back up on this next session, you should go check on promise and don't worry about her running out the room this is what I do, kids and adults storm out all the time so by that being said her next appointment is next Thursday at 9:00, see you soon."

I thanked the lady and walked out to the car to see promise leaning on my car with an attitude.

"That little show you gave us was really good but not good enough because your next appointment is next Thursday at 9:00 so be ready."

At this point I'm over her attitude and playing nice with her she is going to that next appointment weather she like it or not.
********************************
How y'all like the chapter ?, tell me how y'all feel about this whole mute situation with promise

Thanks for reading💋💋💋