12

Promise pov

" Hey sissy, how was your day ? " vanni asked me but her face fell when I didn't respond." It's okay sissy I'll try again tomorrow " she said before walking out my room.

Honestly it's hurt me not to talk to my sister, she was like my bestfriend.

She has been coming in here everyday hoping I will talk to her.

I know it's sad seeing her get disappointed but I gotta do what I feel is right and not talking is what's gonna protect her.

Just think about it what if Cierra kidnapped my sister instead of me or what if my mother dumbass boyfriend got somebody to kill her or something, only if I just let him do whatever he was gonna do to me and not say nothing all this shit could have been prevented.

I'm just gonna take a nap, I been up all day.

Stacey pov

I guess promise didn't say anything to vanni again today because she came out the room on the verge of tears and this is when I step in and comfort her.

"Hey princess what's wrong" I walked over to her. "Nothing bubba" she smiled but it didn't meet her eyes. "Why you wanna lie to bubba ?" She frowned and looked down playing with her fingers. "I'm sorry bubba it's just sissy not talking to me" she looked up at me.

I sighed

"Look here baby girl you gotta give sissy time, I promise she will talk to you soon" she nodded her head. "you want some Ice cream and cookies ?" When I said that she smiled that big ole smile I adore while nodding again.

It's about 9 and I'm in the kitchen cooking dinner, James and vanni were in the living playing games, they have became so close since him and Jayla moved in, you will never see them apart.

I was thinking about applying for a job I can't keep letting my aunt give me money every month it's not fair to her and her family, I'm not just taking care of myself anymore I got 4 other people to take care of now. Plus I've saving up the money to buy a new house and I can get a loan from the bank if what I have not enough.

I hear a lot of commotion coming from the back, I go back there to see if it was Jayla but she was in my room on her phone talking to somebody probably her boyfriend 🙄 y'all that's a story for another day.

Anyways the kids were in the family room so I know it's not them.

I cracked open promise room to check on her but she wasn't in the bed so I fully opened the door and went in, it was so dark and cold in here. I found her in the corner with her knees up to her chest and her face in her lap.

"Promise ?" She shot her head up like she seen a ghost. She looked a mess, hair all over the place, tears pouring out of her eyes and she was shaking so bad.

It was a sad sight.

I step closer but she held her hand out while shaking her head as if to tell me not to come closer.

"Hey, hey promise it's just me Stacey" I said as I move closer but she moved back making her back hit the wall.

I put my hands up in surrender to let her know I'm not gonna hurt her as I kneeled down on my knees moving closer to her.

Every inch I came closer she cried harder as if I was gonna hit her or something.

"Listen to me promise" she looked up at me. " I'm not gonna hit or hurt you okay ?" She hesitated but nodded and put her arms down. I sighed as a wave of relief washed over me.