Chapter 3 - Ben

By 10 o'clock the festivities had come to an end. After going inside with Penny, Chase made the announcement that I would be the new Beta, then the onslaught of congratulations came my way.  After a couple hours of this everyone cleared out of the pack house and Chase and Penny decided to go for a midnight stroll. I wondered home exhausted but thankfully it was only a 10-minute walk.

All the houses in the Pack are rather close to each other, some pack members however live out in the town that is within our land. This town is filled with humans who are completely unaware that they are living amongst werewolves. In fact, all the teenagers and kids go to the same schools as the humans, some of the teachers there are also werewolves. The only reason we would reveal ourselfs to them would be if we were mated to one, which happens on occasion.

Those are always tricky situations because the human does not feel the pull of the mate bond that the wolf does. They don't understand the need for a wolf to be by them all the time, especially when they first met. The wolf must go slow and let the human fall in love with the wolf first, and all though they don't feel the pull doesn't mean they won't be attracted to the wolf. Mates aren't picked at random, they are your other half. It would take time but eventually the human will fall in love and then and only then can you reveal wolves and mates. If you go too soon than the human might freak-out, which you run the risk of losing your mate forever. I would hate to be in that position. I've waited so long and I do not think I would have the self-control and that honestly scares me, having a mate be afraid of you, that would tear me in half. (foreshadowing, well done Jen.)

When I walk inside my Mum comes rushing forward and gives me a big hug and Dad gave me a pat on the back. Mum began fussing over me asking me a million questions, none of which I could answer because she kept asking another.

"Did you know?"

"Oh, honey I'm so proud"

"Are you nervous?"

"What am I saying of course you nervous"

"Your going to do great, do you have any plans"

"Don't worry if you don't know anything yet Beta Mark will explain everything when your good and ready"

"Oh, my little boy all grown up"

Thankfully Dad cut in before Mum started crying. "Were proud of you son really. Now go get some rest you have a big day tomorrow"

I gave Mum a final hug and headed up to bed, and as soon as I hit my pillow I was out like a light. If only I knew how right my Dad really was I probably wouldn't have slept at all.

********************

Hello again, another chapter and a cliffhanger this time :).  Let me know how you think of it so far and if you have any ideas on who you want to play the characters.  Im open for suggestions.