Chapter 7 - Ben

I peered through the trees in silence. Chase was to next to me breathing hard. Who could blame him, his mate was less than 500 m away. However, like Alpha Jackson said we need to be smart about this which means we must wait.

I nudge Chase who is beside me when I see the 5 decoy warriors exit the tree line in a low crouch as they move towards the building. The plan is in motion. Than as if planned howls sound from inside and 7 wolves jump out in defence. Our decoy wolves advance and get a couple scraps in before turning and heading back to the treeline, the rouge wolves follow in pursuit. After a couple minutes, we get the signal to move forward.

In our group, we have 3 other strong warriors.  We are in charge of locating Penny and getting out. As Chase is Penny's mate he has the best sense of where she is meaning he will be the quickest in finding her. The rest of the warriors will go at the building from different angles.

We advance slowly and when we get 100 meters away from the door a loud howl sounds signalling that the other warriors are now racing towards the house in full speed ready to fight. Our group however stays low to the ground and enters through on of the back doors. George, the larger wolf of the 5 takes a running start and shoulders the door open. Than Chase sets of through the house, noes in the air. Left and right we turn, and then down some steps. We hear howls and barks coming from the other end of the train station. Chase continues without a second thought, his wolf must be fully in contol now, in cases of mate safety the wolf will stop at nothing to ensure this.

My wolf is getting oddly jumpy. I shake it off and continue behind chase, after another turn we come to a halt in front of a metal door. Chases at this point is whimpering and clawing at the door in a rapid fashion. I can tell why, blood. The thick smell of iron is filling the air and its coming from inside that door. As soon as this scent touches my noes my wolf takes full control and barges at the door, it makes crack but stays shut. My wolf makes a loud howl and smashes his shoulder against the door again and again, making a bigger and bigger dent each time. Chase follows suite as do the rest of the other warriors. My wolf now takes a couple steps back and charges at the door at full speed in a desperate attempt to get it open, which pays off the door goes flying off its hinges and I go stumbling to the ground. Chase and the other warriors charge into the room to find Penny curled up in a corner.

Without any hesitation, Chase shifts and embraces Penny in a hug, Penny clings to him. Chase hastly leans back and checks her for any injuries and to his relief there are none. No cuts, No bruises, No nothing. Than who's blood are we smelling, who's blood is splattered across the floor. With each question my wolf gets more and more frantic, pacing back and forth across the ground until Penny gasps "The girl," those two words made my heart sink.

It's her.

She's here.

The blood.

My face whips around to Penny as she continues in panic, "They took her, she was here, we need to find her." At this my wolf turns and sprints out of the room and up the stairs I hear my name being shouted from behind me but I keep running. I don't care that I'm running into a fight or that I am diverting from the plan. I don't care about any of that, I can't think about anything else except her. I run so fast I don't even look around, I push my legs harder as they bound across room after room, before finally barging through a door.

Time stops.

There lying naked on a bed, hands tied to the bedframe is her. I shift and waste no time ripping the ropes from the bedframe and gently sliding them off her delicate hands. I wrap the sheets around her tiny body and pull her close to me.  I lightly brush her hair off her face revealing a huge cut, my heart clenches.  I continue to stare at her, shes so still, deadly still.  My heart once again jumps out of my cheat as I carefully place my ear close to her heart and to my relief hear the faintest heart beat ever. I lift my head up and stare down at her for just a second before lifting her up into my arms. I walk carefully and quickly down the hall keeping her close to me, I need to get back to the pack house and get her to the doctor. The sooner she is there the better, everything else I can deal with later right now she is the only priority on my list.

Leaving the building was easy as the fighting stopped. I strode out the doors and towards the direction of the pack house, once sure of the direction I began a slow jog checking every ten second that she was still breathing.

...

When I swung open the door to the pack emergency room the Nurses and doctors flew towards me and carefully helped her onto a hospital bed, before I could say anything they were already checking her heart and bones and yelling back and forth orders to one another.  My mind is racing a mile a minute, like it has been the entire way over here.  I watch as the doctor reaches out and begins removing the sheets,  I lung forwards and grab him by the collar of his coat and yank him back, my wolf is furious, how dare they try to see her naked.  I am about to punch him when I get pulled back by the other doctors and nurses. "Ben", one of the nurses holding my arm says firmly, "You need to leave." I gave her an incredulous look. "That's my mate" I barked back struggling against all five of their grips. "You hear me, MINE" I roared glaring at the doctor again. I was shaking and could feel my wolf wanting to tear him apart. "Ben look at me" Said the nurse again, I redirected my glare to her. She looked back very sternly "We understand that, but for us to help her you need to let us do our job." I blinked away and ceased struggling. I knew she was right and even my wolf winged in understanding. "You need to leave" She said gently and without any more resistance I gave my mate one finall look before turning around and walking out.

********************

Here's another chapter. Hope you enjoy. I'm still trying to decide on who should play Ben and Chase. Let me know if you have any ideas 😊 😊 😊. Until next time.