Chapter 19 - Blaire

"I'll do anything for you"

I'm exhausted, lying here in bed at 1 in the morning. It has been a couple days since Ben said this to me. I can't get it out of my head. I have not been sleeping well at all, not just because my head is becoming increasingly filled with thoughts of Ben but my fear to close my eyes and see those nightmares.

The windows rattle against the frame startling me. I pull my sheets up to my face and sink into my mattress. It's so dark outside, the moon is nowhere in the sky. Rain tatters against the window. Goosebumps appear across my arms and legs. A wolf call sounds outside which makes my whole-body tense. I billow down further into my bed.

It is a couple minutes later when a slam of doors right outside my own sound. I stay still. More wolves howl. More slamming further in the house. Than silence. Unnerving, unsettling silence.

I stay still. Something doesn't feel right in my bones. Whatever it is, I'm fine. If I just stay here I'm fine. My heart is thumping against my chest. I take big breaths trying to calm my nerves.

Silence.

I chew my lip. My eyebrows crease. Wolf calls never sound this late at night, they seldom call at all come to think of it.

Time goes by, a few more wolf calls sounded, a couple yelps and then silence.

I look towards the window, curiosity gets the better of me. I push the sheets off me and swivel around in my bed so I can step off. The floor creaks underneath me as I take small shuffle steps towards the window. I peer out my breath fogging up the glass. Thick dark pine trees stick up in the air, swaying slightly. I lean into the window; my face looks up towards the stars.

Peace.

I watch as they twinkle in the sky. Smiling to myself as join all the dots on the foggy window.

"BLAIRE" my name being called somewhere in the house grabs my attention, it is faint but I heard it. I turn around and face the door.

"BLAIRE" There it is again, this time a little louder. The thumping sound of footsteps echo through the walls, again getting louder.

"BLAIRE" this time the voice yells right outside my door, which slams open revealing a very dishevelled Ben. I jump back in shock. He is shirtless and his sweatpants are ripped all along the hems and are resting loosely on his hips. He rushes to my bed and pulls back my sheets.

"BLAIRE" This time my name comes out broken and coarse, less of a shout more of a whimper. My heart clenches at this sound. Ben leans over my bed taking in big breaths his hands run through his hair. He looks so sad. I take a step forward wanting to comfort him and whisper "Ben."

His face snaps up to look at me, and without hesitations takes big strides towards me and before I can move I am embraced in a hug. His big arms wrap around my body, my head presses against his bare chest. My hands rest right above his hips. Bens head is nuzzled into the crook of my neck, his hot breath fanning my collar bone.

Ben is shaking while he clings onto me, he holds me tightly as if at any moment I could just slip from his grip and fall through the floor. "I thought I lost you" I hear ben croaks. "I thought" He tries again, "I thought they" I feel his body shudder against me and his arms squeeze me tighter against him. Against better judgement I feel this urgency wash over me, a need to comfort him. My arms reach out and wrap themselves around his waist, "It's okay, I'm here" I hear myself say.

His hands reach up and gently trail the sides of my fac. He moves his face back and takes a long look at me. I see his eyes scan my face, "are you hurt" he breaths. I shake my head. He lets out a sigh and pulls me back into him.

I hear more footstep rush through my door, I look over bens shoulder to see Penny and Chase and a couple other people rush into my room to see me and Ben. Penny looks down to see my arms wrapped around him. She than escorts the rest out of my room and lets the door close halfway.

I stay in Bens arms for another couple minute, I feel the heat on his skin cool down, his breathing slows and his heartbeat which I can hear through his chest turns to a normal pace.

I feel Ben pull away than take two steps away from me, leaving me standing with my arms outstretched and my body suddenly cold. He has a frown on his face. "I'm sorry" He says looking down at his chest, his arms cross trying to cover his naked torso which just ends up bulging his biceps.

"It's okay" I say, realizing that it was okay. I didn't feel scared or uncomfortable, it actually felt nice. I frowned at the thought.

"What happened" I asked. He looked at me unsure. Opened and closed his mouth, something I found him doing a lot. He then looked up at me with a pained expression, he had something to tell me, something I wouldn't like.

I started getting worried. Knots tied themselves in my tummy. "What is it" I asked taking a step forward.

"Blaire"

"What"

"its...." Ben paused looked down at the floor, his breathing picking up again.

"Ben"

He looked up into my eyes, his gaze held so much emotion, I couldn't read it, all I knew it made me feel uneasy.

"Blaire.... Its Marcus"

********************

Hope you like this chapter. I think it is one of my favourites.