Chapter 37 - Ben

Me and Blaire both got up early.  Not many words were spoken as we were both a bit tired.  We carried our bags down to the car and packed them in the back.  As Blaire grabbed us some water bottles I quickly checked my emails to see if we have heard back from any of the other packs.  I had one from the Alpha of the Gormand Pack.  He mentions that the pack we are talking about is the Ralker pack.  He says he hasn't heard from them in years the only thing he knows is they are a small pack and keep to themselves.  I thank him for this information and go to the car where I see Blaire already sitting in the passenger seat resting her eyes.

The first couple hours we didn't speak much.  It was dark and we were the only ones on the road except for the occasional truck. 

The sun was just peaking over the horizon when Blaire mentions breakfast.  We agree to stop at the next Cafe which luckily was only a couple minutes away.

We hop out and make our way inside.  It is warm and smells amazing.  A lady over the counter greets us.  We stand side by side scanning the menu for something to eat.  Blaire decides and walks up to the counter to tell the waitress. 

"Scrambled eggs on toast" Blaire says.

"Oh make that two" I say quickly after.  Then walk up to pay for us.  Blaire finds a table by the window and we sit and look outside. 

It is a cold morning.  Fresh snow from the night before has settled on the ground. I extend my leg a bit under the table so that it is rests against Blaires.  She gives me  a smile. 

"Any other memory's coming back?" I ask.

"A few" She says looking back out the window.  "Nothing meaningful just a few faces"

I nod and give her leg a rub.  "When we get there things might come back easier."

Blaire nods in agreement.  "Hopefully."

Our breakfast comes and we thank the waitress and eat. 

A few more people fill the cafe now since the sun is up.  They are all chatting away happily.  We leave once we finished to get back on the road. 

Another few hours have passed.  We have tried to keep ourselves entertained  by playing a few games.  We played eye spy for a bit until we ran out of things to spy.  We played the license plate game however the lack of cars really slowed things down.  We are currently naming fruits that start with each letter of the alphabet and Balire is stuck on 'H'.

"What if there isn't a fruit that starts with 'H'" Blaire complains.  I chuckle and she huffs in frustration. 

"I'm sure there is" I encourage. 

"Can you think of one?" She accuses.

I smile and nod my head.  She huffs again. 

"Can I have a hint?"  She pleads looking up at me. 

"No thats not the rules" I say standing my ground. 

Blaire let's out a exasperated laugh and slumps down in her seat with a concentrated look on her face. 

Lunch time arrives in no time and so we decided to grab something easy in a grocery shop.  We wander up and down the isles looking to see if anything grabs our attention.  I end up grabbing a sandwhich from the instore deli and Blaire grabs a salad.

We hop back in the car and eat our food quick before getting back on the road. 

We are only a couple hours away now and the excitement has worn off and we are now both getting a but nervous.  It is scary to think we still don't know what we are walking into.  I am trying not to think of the worst.  I hope her parents are there and they are reunited but I can't help but feel that since Blaire was taken by a rouge pack there is a good chance they also did some damage while they were there.

I look over at Blaire and reach out my hand and places it on her leg palm facing upwards.  Blaire sees this and slips her hand in mine.  I give it a comforting squeeze and look back towards the road. 

Then, just like that, we drive past a big sign that reads 'Welcome to Geraldome'.

Blaire inhales and I give her hand a squeeze.

****************
Thanks for all the support.

Until next time.