Chapter 1

Holly and I are getting ready for a night out, it has been forever since I have gone for a night out without Mark, and I know he will be mad since I am going out with Holly. I know Mark hates Holly but I still never got an answer as to why. I think it is because Holly is a free spirit and does what she wants when she wants to. Mark is more scheduled and planned, everything at a time and place. Also I think it is because Holly doesn’t listen to Mark. Mark is used to telling people what to do and having them do it, Holly will only do what she wants she is not ok with people bossing her around.

Tonight I am going out with Holly though, where I am not sure, she keeps telling me it is a surprise. I don’t like surprise they actually scare me a lot. Holly could tell I was tense as we were getting ready to go, “Don’t worry I promise it will be fun”. Now let me help you pick out what to wear. I know she was looking for something a little dressy and a little sexy but all I own are clothes that cover me up and hide my body. 

Holly finally finds a pretty green summery dress, not to dressy not to revealing. Mark sees me and asks “Where do you think you are going?”

“Out with Holly, I don’t know where it’s a surprise”                                                        

“You are not going.”                                                                                       

“Yes I am I told you yesterday Holly and I had plans”

“You did and I told you we would talk about it later, it’s later and you are not going”

“I have not been out of this house in months I am going and am going now”

“HOLLY LET’S GO” I yell up to her.

Mark whispers to me “I am telling you, you need to tell her you are not going or you will be sorry”

Holly walks down the stairs; Mark is glaring at me and says “WELL”

“Good bye Mark see you later” was all I said as Holly and I walked out the door.

So Holly where are we going?

“Well since we are going to try out for the voice in a few months, I figured we should scope out at least one judge…we are going to a maroon 5 concert tonight”

“Oh god Holly Mark will be pissed, he already thinks I have a thing for both Adam and Blake, what do I tell him when he asks where we went tonight”

“Tell him the truth”

“Yeah that sounds like a stupid idea to me”

“Then tell him we went to dinner or something”

“I will think of something”

We get to the concert and she says “I have one more surprise for you; we are front row…and have backstage passes”

The concert starts and my phone keeps ringing, Adam had stopped singing and was talking so I picked up and said “What do you want?”

“What do you mean what do I want where are you?”

“Holly took me to a Maroon 5 concert”

“OH SO YOU ARE HANGING OUT WITH YOUR LITTLE LOVER ADAM FUCKING LEVINE”

“I HAVE NEVER EVEN MET HIM HOW THE FUCK IS HE SUPPOSE TO BE MY LOVER?! YOU ARE BEING RIDICULOUS”

Just then Adam grabs my phone and says “Hello, who is this?”

“Mark, who is this?”

Adam covers the phone…and asks “Is this a boyfriend?”

“Yeah”

“This is Maroon 5 your girlfriend is at our concert and standing in the front row on her phone, it is kind of making it hand to concentrate”

Adam covers the phone again…“Will he see you after the show? And do you end the conversation with love you?”

“Yeah to both of those”

“Ok Mark I have to get back to the show and your girlfriend has to turn off her phone, but she wants you to know she loves you and will see you after the concert”

He hung up my phone and handed it back to me.

I think to myself great this will be the best and worst night of my life; Mark is going to be pissed off. He is already jealous of Adam and I have not even met him.

The concert is over and Holly says “Ready to head backstage?”

“Sure why not, I am pretty sure Mark is going to be pissed at me tonight anyway, so might as well enjoy my last night out for a very long time”

“What is with him, why is he so mad?”

“He seems to think something is going on between me and Adam because I love the voice so much, I have never even met Adam but he called him my little lover boy earlier”

“Well don’t even worry about him just come back and have some fun”

As soon as we walked in Adam pulled Holly over and started talking to her, James started to talk to me. He was asking me about Mark and how long we had been together, and a bunch of other stuff.

“Mark and I have been together about a year now, but he has gotten really jealous lately hates my best friend Holly over there”

“Do you know why he hates her?” James asked.

“No, he never really answered why but I think it is because Holly and I are so different, Holly is very do what she wants when she wants and not really listen to what others tell her to do, where as I am more of a listen to others and do what I am told kind of person”

“Have you always been that way” James asked

“Not really up to about 5 months ago I used to be so much like Holly, I think that is part of why Mark hates her, he is afraid she might bring out that side of me, that he worked so hard to change”

We talked a little while longer, and then Holly called me over

“Hey I am sorry I hope I didn’t cause any trouble for you” Adam says.

“Whatever he was already pissed off before I even left the house, I am sure he will have cooled down by the time I get back home”

We say our good byes and Holly drives me home.  Holly asked “Do you want me to come in?”

“No Holly I am sure everything will be fine” As I turned my phone back on

“Ok well if you need me I will be out here for a few minutes I need to check my messages and make a few calls”